Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for brass nut for 22A water pump (Durant 614)

Hi all,

Im looking for the screw on brass cover on the front of the water pump that holds the seal to the shaft. The shaft opening on mine seems to have enlarged over the years (what do you expect after 74 years...)and the graphite seal material is able to squeeze through between the shaft and the nut along with coolant fluid. I've tried to change the seal twice in the past month and can't get a proper seal.

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Stephan

Re: Looking for brass nut for 22A water pump (Durant 614)

Steve-
My advice would be to have one machined at a good machibne shop-- Maybe its not just the nut but also the shaft worn down --perhaps have both remanufactured My pump was all rebuilt and seems excellent but I havent yet had fluid in it nor started my car Hopefully soon I will
Ken

Hello
just wanted to let you know that I do rebuilds to stainless shaft and bushing upgrades also can make new brass nut.Just send the pump by canada post or Grayhound. The price is US$ 95.00 for ss shaft bronze bushing and teflon packing. The labour is extra.
Best regards

Franz Fraitzl

I got one from Fawcett Motor Carriage Co, in Whitby just this month. Maybe he has more of them. Phone 905-668-4446.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club