Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
durant ID

Hi folks I recently was commisioned to restore a what I believe is a 1930 Durant but I have gotten conflicting IDentification on it can someone pin it down for me ? also what parts are available for it since I cant post a photo it has the five Horizontal vents in the hood cascading rearward (scalloplike)

Re: durant ID

Hi David...

If the hood has the horizontal "spears" it is a 1930 model 614. This model has a 6 cylinder engine with a normal bell housing and transmission. Also the distributor is mounted on top of the head.

The ID plate should be tacked to the wooden toe board just in front of the gear shift.

The radiator emblem is a shield looking afair red and white in color.

Some pictures will help to further identify your car.

Hope this helps, if you're not already a member of our Club consider joining one of the most active Clubs around.

Frank ---

sounds correct where do I post pics here?

Frank, Ihave a 1929 Rugby, which I believe was made at Leaside. Please put me down for an ID plate as the original is literally unreadable apart for the stampings. Don't forget to bill me for the appropriate postage when shipping.
Thanks Ross

The Durant Motors Automobile Club