Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil Filter

I would like to put an oil filter on my 28 Durant 60 with the 14L engine. Is there a diagram available that shows the oil flow and installation? Thanks.

Re: Oil Filter

Hi Al,

Go to the Tech page, scroll down to the bottom under Modern Improvements and click on Oil Filter. You'll find a picture of Sid Semple's engine along with part numbers. In short, you replace the felt doughnuts with a 50's era canister filter. I switch 3 years ago.

Rick

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/Tech/alternator/filter.html

I don't believe that all of the 14L engines had the filtrator. I have seen engines that the boss was there, but the holes were never drilled. Made me sort of wonder if the Filtrator was an option. I believe all the 15L engines had the filtrator.

I have noticed oil filters on late Rugby ( Star ) six over here. They are on every every 14L D60 (Larger bore )& 15L motor i have collected or seen. Have also seen oil filter mounted on firewall with pipes from engine block.
Sid

There is a Wix equivalent to the Australian filter Sid has shown on the Tech. Pages. The Wix Part No. is 51598. The early, smaller bore 14L's did not have the filtrator.
Hope this helps.

Mac

Thanks to all that responded to my question. There is no boss on the engine block where a filter would be mounted. This engine I have is probably a replacement as the engine plate says Star 14L, with a casting date of 3-26. Is it still advisable to add a filter?

The Durant Motors Automobile Club