Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ignition switch

does anyone have an ignition switch to sell me for a 1930 6-14 durant deluxe coupe. I am having the wiring harness built and need a switch to be sure the thing is done right. What type is used and where can one be found . Any info would be helpfull. Maybe Frank
Witkowski would have one in his considerable stock. How bout it Frank?? Any chance of this??
Ken

Re: ignition switch

Hi Ken.

The ignition switch is built into the bottom of the ignition coil which is bolted to the back of the dashboard. That's why the coil wire is soo long on these models.

I Don't have any with the ignition switch, but do have a NOS coil if you need a pictuure of it just let me know.

A wiring diagram should give you the connection info you need, check out the tech page

Hope this helps..........

Frank ----

ken- to insure some reliabilty and ease of purchase I bought a six volt coil from any local parts shop and wired a key switch through the dash (also from a local auto parts store), to substitute for the original lock in base of coil system. I mounted the coil on the instrument panel brace with a homemade bracket. wiring this should be easy,but if you have any questions just ask. the flaw with our system is that for the best electrical connections the coil wire(and therefore coil),should be closer to the distributor, for the best electrical connection, but it works!

thanks guys. I am working on the info provided. Hopefully I will get the problem worked out soon. Things are starting to come together with the help of all you experts in the club . Dont know what a lot of us would do with out you .

Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club