Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1930 Durant 4dr $5000 CDN obo.

Hello;
My brother-in-law has a 1930 Durant 4dr, with suicide doors.
-It is completely disassembled but is 95% there.
-It has been in dry storage for the last 12 years
-Engine was rebuilt before going into storage. 0 kms.
-Rubber and spokes are new.
-Body/Fenders are primed with slight pin hole rust starting in a couple of spots.
-Steel frame is good/straight, wood sub-frame needs rebuilding.
-Some of the glass is still good.
-Interior needs complete reupolstering.

According to the "GOLD BOOK OF CLASSIC CARS" This car in fair condition is worth $5500 US. So he figured $5000 Canadian was a good place to start. OBO
Reply here or call CLIF 250-701-1667 or email wytnyt@hotmail.com Pictures can be made available upon request.

Re: 1930 Durant 4dr $5000 CDN obo.

Darren: I would just like to point out, that when you use the Gold Book pricing as a guide line you should also click onto the wording Gold Book at the top right, this will link you with a condition rating system from 1 to 6 with various condition comments you should think carefully about answering before using the lowest price given when you just punch in the make and year. Maybe after retrying the condition rating critera system you might change your mind about the asking price. Again good luck on your impending sale.

Hey Steve.....thanks for the info. it has been very helpful. After reading over more of their definitions of car conditions I do believe that he is starting at an appropriate point.

GOLD BOOK DEFINITION;
FAIR - Essentially complete and functional. Missing no major parts. Suitable for restoration. Paint, chrome and bodywork showing age. Minor body or chassis rust. Drives, but engine, brakes, transmission not perfect.

This is the "GOLD BOOK" price guide info...
1930 DURANT Model 6-14 Dsp/HP Eng Fair Good Exc Show Loan
SEDAN 1930-31 199/58 6C 5,500 11,500 17,000 21,500 10,500

So, if anyone is interested, he is open to offers.

Please, if he is asking too much, feel free to speak candidly.

I now have lots of pics to send anyone that is interested. We also found an original "STOCK CERTIFICATE" issued to a "GARNET DURANT" on "APRIL 6, 1925" and some other papers that link the stock holder as the original owner of the Durant. I have pics of that as well.

Email me a few and I'll post them on the website.
Rick

Hey Rick;
Tried your email and it got kicked back to me.

Got the pictures and posted them to:

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/ads/614/index.html

Rick

Where Are You From? clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/durant/ads/614/index.html

Thanks Rick, they look great.

Darren: Your value charts probably refer to a fully assembled operating car.
My experience with cars- in- pieces is that we tend to underestimate the # of missing pieces and the cost to acquire same. Also ; it is difficult to find the 5% or less of people who can restore a car they did not personally dimantle.
But still--it is difficult to value what you have---GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the input. I kinda wish that I could have wrote in bigger and bolder letters....OBO. The price guide did estimate on a put together vehicle, but at $5500 US (approx $7500 CND) We figured that $5000 would be a good starting point, but in no way are firm on the price. (everything is negotable ) So dont let the starting price scare you, we just didnt want to start low, thats all. Not sure what the availability is for original parts for these things but I am guessing they are few and far between. This thing is still nice and solid, with all the paperwork to put it back on the road. Anyways, keep the input coming and remember...... O.B.O. (OR BEST OFFER) email me with an offer, ya never know.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club