Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1930 Durant 4dr (suicide doors)

Hello;
My brother-in-law has a 1930 Durant 4dr, with suicide doors.
-It is completely disassembled but is 95% there.
-It has been in dry storage for the last 12 years
-Engine was rebuilt before going into storage. 0 kms.
-Rubber and spokes are new.
-Body/Fenders are primed with slight pin hole rust starting in a couple of spots.
-Steel frame is good/straight, wood sub-frame needs rebuilding.
-Some of the glass is still good.
-Interior needs complete reupolstering.

My brother-in-law has finally decided to part with his pride and joy, but does not know what the dollar value is for his car. Does anyone know of any clubs in Canada that he might be able to get in touch with to learn a bit more about the dollar value. Or if anyone on this board might be able to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot for your time.

Re: 1930 Durant 4dr (suicide doors)

The Gold Book Clasic Cars Price Guide is one source you could get a ballpark idea from. I belive it is Hemmings sponsored. Just use gold book as a web search and you can find it easily. Good luck with your sale.

Darren,
What are suicide doors?
Regards,
Peter

suicide doors are doors that hinge on the back instead of the front -.
They were so called because they had a habit of throwing kids out onto the road as you drove
kids would hit the handle and the rest would be taken care of by the wind. I havent seen a durant with them but that dont mean they arent there
Ken

Exacly what Ken said

Ken Look at most of our 4 door Durant's the front doors open with hinges in the front but the back doors open to the wind.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club