Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Engine Mounts on 14L

Hi Guys,
I'm working on a 1929 Model 60 Touring with the 14L Continental Motor. Can anyone tell me did this car have soild motor mounts? Mine does, but I can't hardly beleive Mr. Durant would have built it that way. Thanks for any info.
Leonard

Re: Engine Mounts on 14L

My 30 model 6-14 has solid mounts. No rubber to be found anywhere
Ken

Some of the 14L and 15L motors had motor mounts. Mac Irvine of our club sells replacement rubbers for these mounts. Most 614's had a rubber isolater pad between the motor mount and the frame. The front was bolted solid.

Hi Guys
I have put engine mount cushions (front & rear ) on both my cars. 15L & 22A were both rubber cushioned originally. I have seen Rugby chassis with engines mounted without cushioning cracked where engine is bolted. I believe if engine is cushioned, exhaust system should be hung on flexible straps. Am i right or wrong?
Sid

If the engine is cushioned, then the exhaust system must be able to move, hence the flexible straps.

Thanks for the information
I noticed in the Repair Parts List book on page 25 it list part number 24523 as a lower rubber front motor insulator and number 24524 as a upper rubber front motor insulator it also list a insulator washer. Does anyone have any idea what these insulators may have looked like? Thanks Leonard

Leonard, With my 15L motor which is the same as 14L 1929, i put a round shock absorber rubber (modern ) between motor mount plate & chassis then another rubber under nealth then a bolt & washers through rubbers. Original insulaters were probably some sort of rubber perhaps reinforced with cord.
Sid

The Durant Motors Automobile Club