Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bent frame

I took a 5 hr drive to pick up a frame and brought it home only tp find out it is bent. It bends to the right right where the cowling bolts on in the front. its bad enough to see quite easily but I was not looking at it closely when I picked it up. How much trouble is it to straighten this out ??? Any one know ?? I guess a frame shop would do it but I am not too eager to spend a lot of money at the moment. Anyone need a frame --cheap???? Pick it up and its yours . It should not be a big job to fix --pretty straight every where else.
Ken

Ken

Re: bent frame

Ken: I took my frame to a frame shop to have 3 issues resovled. My frame was bent in the middle to the drivers side. Also the frame horns that the front where springs attach to were also bent. And thirdly, one frame rail horn in the back was bent.

The shop I went to cut me deal and charged only half his shop rate. It cost me $300.00.

I had to take it back though for a tweak because the rear spring didn't fit. The second visit was $200.00.

I replaced the springs and one spring was bent as well so we didn't catch the problem 'til I went to put the new springs on.

Curt.

Where Are You From? home1.gte.net/res02rxl/index.html

Re: bent frame

I have a quote from a shop for straightening of approx 250 Canadian dollars .Hope it works out okay Should be no problem since it is a straight sideways bend. Will let you all know how it works out
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club