Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New member Beverly Rae Kimes

Hello everyone,
Some more good news for our club as one of the most acclaimed and top automobile writers ever Beverly Rae Kimes has mailed Mike Larsen her check yesterday for her membership in our club. I had a mechanic working at “Cool Cars” I got to know selling the company up in Colorado old Durant parts track her down in New York and I called her and got to talk to her personally. She is a really great gal. The 14 page story she wrote about our man William C. Durant titled “Hurrah for the Big Little Man” in the August 2000 (vol. 40 no. 3) Automobile Quarterly sure was a superb job. She started out by saying “ Having a crush on the man for over three decades, I shall herewith try to convince a few of you, dear readers, to become a Billy Durant groupie too”. This is a great story with lots of pictures. A must read. Also she has written lots of other great automobile books such as the “The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1805 to 1942”. She has also agreed to speak to our group time permitting sometime in the future. Me proud.
Best Regards. Lance Haynes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club