Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Confused M2 vs Model 65

I am confused at the differance in a 1928 model M2 and a 1928 model 65. I have a 65. Is the differance in the motor?

Re: Confused M2 vs Model 65

Hi Lawrence.
Lots of differences between a M2 and a model 65. The 65 was a longer car with a 110” wheel base (M2 107” wheelbase) and the 65 had the bigger nicer 15L 6 cylinder flathead inline continental engine (47 HP) with a factory oil filter built in on the passenger side of the engine. M2 only had the smaller less horsepower (36HP) W5 4 cylinder continental engine. Also another kind of unique thing about the model 65 is the very sparse amount of louvers on the hood (except touring cars with double set of louvers). Maybe only half the amount on all other Durant made cars. The 65 also hade all four gages on the typical higher priced Durant cars and the M2 only had two gages and no fuel gage of any type. The model 65 also cost a lot more. Hope this helps you.
Later Lance Haynes

Re: Confused M2 vs Model 65

Thanks for the reply Lance. You mentioned gauges which reminds me that the heat gauge tube on mine has be cut. Is there anybody out there that repairs gauges?

The Durant Motors Automobile Club