Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East Coast Chapter Meet. Lancaster, Pa. - May 6 & 7

If you do not plan to attend the 8th Annual DMAC Meet
in Santa Rosa, Ca, we invite you to attend the lst
Annual East Coast Chapter Meet in Lancaster, Pa.

This will be more of an organizational meet than
anything else. No Judging, No Trophies, just good ole
DMAC members getting together to talk, relax and see
what plans are ahead for the East.
No plans are definite as to activities but we will
visit the Amish area and other interesting sites.
If there is another activity you would like to see
get into our agenda, please let us know. We urge you
to bring your old car (running or not) and travel the
back roads of this beautiful country. There is a lot
of shopping for the ladies if they would like.

Wish we could have picked a date that met with
everyone's apaproval, but that would be impossible.

Meet Headquarters will be the McIntosh Inn in Lancaster
A block of rooms has been set aside for our Meet.
Please mention Durant Motors Automobile Club,
Group # 2935 when making reservations. Room rates
are $75.00 plus 11% tax. Phone NO. 717-299-9700.
Motel would like to hear from you by the end of March.

Registration forms will be mailed Monday for those
in the East Region. Other interested parties should
contact Frank Witkowski, Mike Linthicum or Yates
Milton.

Yates

Re: East Coast Chapter Meet. Lancaster, Pa. - May 6 & 7

Great posting Yates! For those of you who would like to check out the hotel here's a link to it's web site.

http://www.mcintoshinn.com/

See you all there!

Yates

Do you have a tentative agenda?

What time do you plan on events starting on Friday, and what time do you plan on events ending on Saturday?

Thanks for the info.

Charlie

I just talked to Marsha Kaufman who has been gracious enough to handle making the contact with the McIntosh Inn in Lancaster. She has done a wonderful job and re-negotiated the price of the room to $62.00 plus the 11% tourist tax. If you book before the end of March the hotel will try it's best to get you in the block of rooms with everyone else. After March you will still be able to get the rate, but no gaurantee that you will be on the same floor or side as the rest of the DMAC members. Way to go Marsha!

We are looking forward to joining you all in PA!! We had such a great time at the NJ meet, and so glad that we made it there to bring our Durant to its birthplace before it is to be demolished.
Carol and Larry F

Where Are You From? users.adelphia.net/~catart/DurantHome.html

Charlie and others,

Tenative Schedule

FRIDAY:
10:00 Visit Train Museum. Train Excursion on Strasburg RR and visit Toy Train Museum.

Approx 3:30 Pictures at Covered Bridge near Lancaster Total trip 18 - 20 miles

7:30PM Business Meeting.

SATURDAY:
9:00AM Visit AACA Museum in Hershey and return.

There is plenty of shopping areas for the ladies if they so desire.

More later.

Yates

Anybody on the forum live in the area of Lancaster that can help plan a good route from Lancaster to Hershey for Saturday's trip. We would like a scenic route if possible suitable for the ole cars. Email me if your willing to help out on this.

Everyone that is going to attend the East Coast Meet, please contact either Yates Milton or Frank Witkowski as soon as possible so we can get an approximate count. Also please make your reservations at the hotel in Lancaster as soon as possible also. Yates sent out over 100 registrations, but there has been a problem with the mail and many have not received their registration forms. A check with the hotel has indicated only about 5 confirmed registrations. We will be following up with phone calls over the next week or so, to see if you will attend. With the events planned, we need a count to give to the museums and other locations to get discounted entrance fees etc.

According to Yates & Frank the registrations are comming in and it looks like we should have a good number of cars there. If you haven't let them know yet about attending email or give them a call. Even if you don't have or bring a car, all are welcome.

Latest Update..........

Looking good so far we have registrations for 17 couples and 5 cars.

This is going to be a great meet, if you plan on attending and haven't registered yet, please contact Yates, Mike or myself so we can count you in.

Spring in Lancaster Pennsylvania is beautiful, get out and take a ride in a Durant or Star and enjoy the country side and some good fellowship with a bunch of Old Car people.

If you can't bring a car, don't worry, come anyway Cathy & I will give you a ride in our 1926 Star touring !!

We have cars and people attending from all over the Eastern US and Canada.

SEE YOU THERE !!

--- Frank

Don't forget for those attending the East Coast Chapter meet, to bring your designs for the new East Coast Chapter logo. All those attending will vote on the logo's submitted and a winner will be chosen on Friday night.

We are registered at the hotel and raring to go!!

Peg and I were looking forward to attending the first meeting of the East Coast Chapter. We have waited to the last possible time to make a decision, and unfortunately do to my business and expert testimony (trial) schedule for the next two weeks we are unable to join you in Lancaster.

To compound the situation, we are also unable to attend the DMAC Annual meeting in Santa Rosa. I am on the Board of Directors of a national organization that is meeting in Las Vegas from 5/16 to 5/19, and the architects convention is also in Las Vegas from 5/18 to 5/22. The latter is important for me to be in attendance because I have been nominated to serve on a national AIA committee.

As I indicated, Peg and I were looking forward to attending both events.

Charlie

Hope to see some last minute Durant fans at this meet. If you live nearby, come for the day and meet some other Durant owners.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club