Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant & Star Illustrated Parts Book Available

I Have reproduced an ILLUSTRADED parts book that covers Durant and Star models M, M2, M4, 40, R, 55, and 60.

This is not just a price list but an actual parts book as used by Durant and Star dealers. It is dated July 1929,There are 127 pages with 20 pages of pictures showing views of parts from frames and wheels to interiors and trim.

The book lists all parts used on these cars. The actual part number, the models used on with a discription and sizes of attaching bolts, nuts etc.

Also if these numbers and applications changed during production the serial numbers where changes occured.

By using this book you can tell what parts interchange between these models.

There is also a suppliment for California Star cars that had 4 wheel brakes, so if you want to add front brakes to your Star you know what parts are needed and what models they can come from.

This is a quality copy from my original book. It has been enlarged to an 8 1/2" X 11" format which makes it easier to read. There are 127 pages and they are spiral bound so it lays flat. A great reference book

Cost to Club members is $29.95, plus $ 2.50 media mail or $3.85 Priority mail shipping. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax. Let me know and I will send you one immediately....

Thanks...............Frank

Re: Durant & Star Illustrated Parts Book Available

Hi Frank. Thank you for all your hard work. Getting stuff copied and bound is expensive. I would like a copy for sure. I'll send you a check today. I also need bumpers for the back of this 27 Star deluxe "R" car full type and a set of front bumpers for one of these 30 Durant 614 coupes. Any help? Later Lance

Way To Go Frank!! Put me down for a copy of that parts book. Check is on the way.
Thanks Mucho,
Don Shilling

I have a 23 Star model C. Is this also included in the book?

Put me down for a copy too!!

Rick

sounds like a must have item I am going to get one also.

Frank, Put me down for one, I need to rebuild the u-joints on my M2. Please send me your address again, I know i'm on your list. Will send piles of cash, gold coins or confederate money, your choice.

Frank, As with many others, I would like to have one of your new copies of the Illustrated Parts Book. I will send a check for $33.80 which will cover the book and priority mailing. Thanks, Fritz Kuenzel

Thanks Everyone.........

All requested copies will ship tomorrow (Tuesday)

Frank

Frank,
I would love a copy of the book also. Please put me down for a copy. Please e-mail your address so I can send you the money for the book. Do you only take a checks or money orders, do you have a paypal account?

Adam

I'll take a book. What is your address - I'll send you a check. THanks, Hal

Thanks Frank,
I'll take a copy. This is the book I've been pestering you for. Great job! Keep up the good work. Leonard

Frank, I am interested in the parts book also I trust this book will cover a Canadian made 1928, M2 models. The price you quote for shipping does that include to Canada. Please advise.
Thanks

I just received my copy of the parts book. Outstanding!!, Well copied with clear text and graphics. It will definatelly help to identify some of the parts I have.
Thanks for the good work,
Don

Shipping rates for other countries...........

Canada air letter post $4.75

Ohters global priority mail $ 9.00

Frank
---

Frank: I will be taking one. I willbe sending you a check from England so it may take a few days. Don't ship it to England but my home in Ky.
Thanks
Jan

Frank,

I received my copy last night and just have to say Thanks for making the effort to reproduce these.
These are really going to be an asset to every Durant/ Star & Rugby owner out there.

Rick

Frank:
I'll take one also....I'll put a check in the mail tomorrow. Thanks, Gary

Hi Frank. Just got my book the other day and this is really a lot of very very useful information for us Durant/Star wrench benders. Thank you very much Frank for going to all the work of putting this together. You’re a keeper. Later Lance

Frank, I would like to have a copy of your parts book also. I will send a money order in US dollars. Would you please e-mail your postal address to me.
Thanks
Ken

Frank, please forward your address to me so I can send you payment on 1 order of the star/rugby parts b@@k, Thanx Francis Warwick

Frank, i hope you have a parts book left for sale. check is in the mail. thanks Rockey

Frank,
I started as member of DMAC a few weeks ago, and i'm interested to get Parts Book , plese tell me what way of payment ( Paypal / VISA / western union)
do you prefer and your address / account number

thanks

Hi Jan we are in the UK with a Durant D40 as well.

Where Are You From? UK

Do You own a car built by Durant? YES a D40

Alan your D60 ... there is a 60 brochure on eBay presently 315246887035

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan made by Dominion Motors

Still have any of these? I would love to get my hands on one!

Where Are You From? Glencoe mn

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 star R

I have to ask.... How much would the parts book cost to a non-member?

Bill in Indiana

Where Are You From? Indiana

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Since I now own a 26Star Touring I need this book. Can I get one.

Where Are You From? Whitby, Ont. CANADA

Do You own a car built by Durant? @ Flint projects plus 3 others

Hi All

Please be advised that this thread is 20 years old!!
i have been sold out of the parts books for years with no plans to reprint it
Frank

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club