Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts Needed for 28' Durant M2

The original head light lens and inter workings, Ignition switch, air cleaner, alternator mount with alternator, drivers side door, and engine crank.
Any manuals that are out there for my car would be helpful.
I have just gotten into Durants so if there is any information that I could get from the guys that have been doing this for a long time it would be greatly appreaciated. I'm would like to know of some shops with good reputation for rechroming bumpers and other items.

Thanks,
Adam

Re: Parts Needed for 28' Durant M2

Adam:

I also have a 1928 M2, it is touring. As far as I know headlamp lenses where plain glass, the reflectors have the shapes.
If you cannot get original ignition/lights key, you may find "T" Fords item, second hand or new that are very similar. Regarding manuals, you may find in Durant website Tech page lot of manuals that have almost no difference with M2 model.

Regards

Ricardo

Regards

Ricardo

I have head lights right now with the original head light caseing, but the lights that are install are sealed beam lights. I would like to get these back to the original condition.
If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

thx,
Adam

I have a couple of the original air cleaners. If you are interested in one of these let me know. Bruce Hargin (bruceofbothell@verizon.net)

Adam,

Ricardo's correct, we have a Model 40 Repair Manual on the tech page that can be used for your M-2. It was recreated by club member Curtis Smith and is clear and easy to read.

Rick

Adam:

Had exactly the same problem, when bought the car the headlamps have been converted to sealed unit, the shells and rims were original. Removed the added sealed beam support that had been welded to the inside flange of the shells. Found reflectors, those that have stripes as you can see in some of the pictures of the Club gallery (Same reflectors were used in some other cars of the age, I can give you more details to find them). There are several supporting pieces inside the shell as well as bulb sockets, springs and gaskets. Dave Schulte, another club member was so kind to diassemble his unit and send me pictures of the details. I can send you more information if you send me a mail.

Best regards

Ricardo

Yes, Please Ricardo I would be interested in any info you can provide with about changing the headlights back to original state. Pictures would be great also seeing I'm not sure what to expect when I pull the lights apart.
If you could tell me the size of the lens that I would be looking for and any other sizes and names of items I would need would help me out greatly. As you can tell all this is new to me. If you or anyone else knows of any one selling the pieces I would need to make this happen that would be a big help.
my E-mail is adam.monahan@earthlink.net

Thanks so much,
Adam

Bruce,
Yes, I do need an air cleaner, but I don't seem to have anything to put it on (Assembly an all). Would you happen to have the component that connects to the carb then I mount the air cleaner on?
If you have it could please E-mail at adam.monahan@earthlink.net and let me know the price and all. I would rather use my home e-mail instead of work e-mail.

Thank you,
Adam

Adam,I have a 1928 Durant M2 sedan here in Chicago. Where in Indiana are you? Under club links page click on Larrys Parts He has a complete set of headlamps that are correct for your 1928 Durant-Star M2. Gregg Wellner P.S. What body style and serial # do you have.

What is a Durant M2? I have a Durant M 65.

It is another model of car that Durant use to make.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club