Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stromberg u2 carburetor

Anyone know where I can get parts for a stromberg u2 carb? specificaly I need the cover plate for the float assy. this casting also has the fuel inlet fitting cast in it. I tried thecarburetorshop.com, they replied they dont have any casting for this carb. any help is appreciated. Jim
ps. this carb fits on a 1930 Durant.(may fit others)

Re: stromberg u2 carburetor

Jim, I've seen U2's come up on Ebay every once in a while but they generally go fairly high. I'm needing the top half with throttle plate for mine. If you find a parts carb and want to part it out, keep me in mind for those parts. I'll keep you in mind for the parts you need.
Don

Thanks Don, there is a UU2 carb on ebay now, if I could verify that the float cover plate will fit my U2 I would be interested in it, and maybe sell the rest to recoup some of my expense. So far, I have no way to verify. I did ask the question of the seller, have not heard yet. He has a buy it now price of 800. Pretty steep to take a chance on getting the wrong piece. I will keep looking..... Jim

Jim have you tried the site that I posted a few days ago, They have parts for most of the Durant line of cars. Give them a visit and see what they have or drop them an e-mail. Good luck with your repair
www.thecarburetorshop.com

Yes,Steve, I tried thecarburetorshop.com, they replied they don't have any castings for this carb. Thanks for your help though.Jim

Jim their is a vintage auto part supplier that may have what your looking for their web site is http.//www.vapinc.com/
Good luck !

Jim, I saw that UU2 also. I think that series is a two barrel unit. The U2 was used on a variety of applications including a 1914 Continental engine that I'm restoring to power a grist mill.
Don

Hi Jim. A business in Australia reproducess the U2 carb body. Their website is www.VintageandClassicReproductions.com
Sid

Thanks for the info Sid, I will give them a try. Jim

Thanks to all who answered with suggestions. I found success as a result of Sids info about WWW.VintageandClassicReproductions.com they are going to ship my carb. part on monday. Thanks again, Jim

The Durant Motors Automobile Club