Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1925 Star Truck on the Cover of Vintage Truck Magazine

While paying a visit to the Vintage Truck Magazine website I came across a 1925 Star Service Truck owned by our own Bob Krause on the front cover. See link:

http://www.antiquepower.com/vt_home.html

and

http://www.antiquepower.com/vtissuehighlights.html

Rick

Where Are You From? www.antiquepower.com/vt_home.html

Re: 1925 Star Truck on the Cover of Vintage Truck Magazine

I ordered two copies of Vintage Truck last Monday and they arrived Thursday, they didn't waste any time getting them to me. Unfortunately the current rains somehow got into them during delivery and ruined my copies. I called them today to order two more, but the woman on the phone wouldn't take my money and replaced them free, even though it wasn't their fault, WOW. They're super nice people to deal with.

You can call them at 1-800-767-5828 and order a copy for $4.00 over the phone with a Visa or MasterCard.

They ran an article on Bob's truck and on Billy Durant.

Rick

We all should be very proud of long time club member Bob Krause of Long Beach, California and his beautiful restored trucks he restored and owns and as Rick stated Bob’s 25 Star service truck is on the cover of the very high class and prestigious Vintage Truck magazine February 2005 issue. Bob also sent me a copy of the magazine and what a layout. His 1925 Star service truck is not only on the cover in brilliant color but is also the centerfold in color. They got three pages on our Billy Durant and eight pages of pictures and Bobs story. Everyone should get a copy of this magazine and show off a very rare and great Star truck and a great Durant club member. Me proud. Later Lance Haynes

I found my copy of "Vintage Truck" at Barnes and Noble yesterday. It is a great article! Bob sure did a super job on his restorations.

Bob Krause sent me a copy of the magazine "Vintage Truck" with a nice note. He stated the article photographer, Vince Manocchi, stated later in a telephone conversation with Bob that "You may not realize it but you have just created a new big interest in the Star Car." Bob's remark "I hope so."
Bob is one great guy and has created international interest in our cars with this great contribution. Each and every member should give thought to publishing and submitting articles to magazines and also to other clubs too which we may belong.
Thanks Bob for your great contribution........

Yates

The Durant Motors Automobile Club