Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'30 Durant parts needed

I need front and rear u-joints for my 30 Durant 6-14.
Also need rear axle shaft. I have 1930 Durant stuff to trade if that would work for somone. Complete rear bumper, dash insert, Torrid heat heater, headlight lens. Complete headlight set with bracket. Keith N

Re: '30 Durant parts needed

Keith
There is a guy name of Ray Ganser in Provost, Alberta who advertises parts for durant. He may have the parts you need .You will find his ads in a lot of the vintage car publications (maybe durant partner) but hemmings has it at times .
If you cant find it there I will look it up for you in my magazines. I have no extra parts to help you with ,and am looking for some stuff myself. Like a drivers side door and the chrome bezel that fits around the instruments in the dash as well as the 2 chrome spears for the dash.
Good Luck
Ken

Hi Keith. I got the chrome dash benzyl and other parts for the 1930 Durant 614. I need front and rear bumpers and there related brackets and bolts. I also need a couple more deluxe hubcaps and the screw on aluminum 30’s hub cap’s for a standard Durant. Please advise. Thank you very much.

Lance Haynes President Durant Motors Automobile Club
4672 Mt. Gaywas Dr.
San Diego, Ca. 92117
Phone 858-560-5737
Fax. 858-560-9146
E-mail: lancedurant@san.rr.com

Lance
I am very interested in the dash bezel and also the spears for the dash if you have any available--
Can you give me a price and I will see if I can afford them --
Thanks
Ken

Thanks every-one who responded to my needs. I will take pics of the stuff I have and send it to the people who might have a use for it and see if that is what they need. I do not have the specs for the rear axle shaft so I am kind of at a loss what to look for . I do not see it in the specs page(length.dim. ,spline) Does any one have detailed specs for running gear on 30 Durant?

If any one has spears for the dash that Ken mentioned, I would like the two of them.

I'm guessing they are the same ones I need for my 4-07 to complete the dash!

Ron ...

Where Are You From? www.ronjpics.com/

The only answer for these dash spears is to have Mike and Neil Butters making new ones. They have all the Durant factory dies and molds and do a fantastic job and are dues paying club members. The old ones are pop metal and break and a plater cannot work with them even if you get them off in one piece. The 614 and 407 use exactly the same dash and spears. I have had Mike and Neil make many pairs and they are beautiful and made out of real hard material and deep triple plated up there in Canada. Mike and Neil’s E-mail address is nbutters@eagle.ca The ca is for Canada. Later Lance Haynes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club