Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1930 Durant 614 - auction on ebay

Greetings,
my father, Jim Smith, has asked me to auction this car for him on ebay. I thought I'd let this forum know about it. If you'd like to call him and talk to him about it he can be reached at 704-492-1126. He doesn't have a computer.

This is what he says about the car: "The only rust on this car is on the radiator shell and one bolt hole where the trunk was mounted. Surface rust is not bad at all. No motor or transmission, but I know where a motor is available at a reasonable price if you desire one. I didn’t know how rare this car was when I bought it for a hot-rod project. Take this beautiful car and restore it. I’ll find another project."

There is no title to the car. It has a 1956 Arizona plate on it. We called Arizona DMV and tried to find any records or paperwork on it, but that state doesn't keep records that far back. The car does have the ID tag with the Serial number on the floor board.

Best regards,
Michelle Smith
Asheville, NC

Re: 1930 Durant 614 - auction on ebay

Michelle,

What body style is it, Sedan, Coupe or Roadster?

Rick

Rick,
I think it's a sedan -- 4 doors, hard top. If you'd like to email me, I'll be happy to send you some shots of it.
thanks,
Michelle

Thanks, that would be great1

Rick

The auction for this car will begin Friday 9/17/04 and end Sunday 9/27/04. Please email me if you have questions. You can reach my dad, Jim Smith, at 704-492-1126. Best regards, Michelle

The Durant Motors Automobile Club