Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1924 Star for sale on Ebay. Must be a typo?

Just listed on Ebay Motors is a 1924 star with a price of $79,999.00. This has to be a typo! What hat did they pull that price out of? Can you imagine that?

Re: 1924 Star for sale on Ebay. Must be a typo?

i dont know after closely examining the many photos provided for this car i'd say it is priced on the cheap side after all how many stars are left in such excuisite condition definitely a survivor one anyone could be proud to call their own
bec

I think we should not take this lightly. if that sells for its opening bid then I am going to post my 24 coupe for twice that and retire. By the way I think the upholstery was done by Lance. And they say Jimmy Hoffa fleaced the guillable. Must be his relatives listing this one.

That was good for a laugh, it's amazing what some people will try.

Rick

I sent the seller a query but got no reply.

mac are you going to add this car to your collection?
definitely one to be proud of good luck
go get 'im tiger

Mac: I also sent him a query with no reply. Interesting that he has a 100% satisfaction rating. Wonder what he was selling to get that rating.
Jan

Well Folks you got me interested enough to look at this fine coupe. I would offer him a grand cash for the car tops.

Jan how did you know? I did do the upholstery. That's why the price is so high. Later Omar the tent maker.

Lance: Your choice of fabric is fantastic. I guess that is what happens when you are near hollywood. Sounds like this is a make over for the ***** guy show. I think I know what the guy is doing. He knows it won't sell but he is going to donate it to goodwill and take the tax write off for the value listed. Sounds like a good racket to me.
jan

In case you guys were sleeping and missed bidding last time this car is relisted at lower price so go bid now. This beauty won't last long at this price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2490186327

If he relists it 2 or 3 more times, the opening bid may come down to what it should be. I must admit, this guy is good for a chuckle or two.

I've got to say one thing he certainly has a sense of humor. Obviously he doesn't sell many antique automobiles, or do his research before placing a price on the car, either that or the original owner who's selling it at auction is just throwing a wild price out there to see if some fool will nibble.

Maybe he means that it needs $35,999 of restoration work.

The car is in absolutely "fantastic" condition, I am surprised that no one has offered even one dollar for it.

Hopefully this guy will wake up and smell the coffee, and put a price on the vehicle that is realistic.

Restored properly, that could be a nice car.

charlie

Well Charlie, I would love to bid on that car, but $35,999 is the starting bid, then it will go up from there!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club