Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Countdown has STARTED!

There are 13 days left until the Seventh Annual DMAC Meeting. Are you registered? If not, there is still time participate in the events. Get your registration in, NOW!

Will you be the one that travels the farthest to be at the meeting?

Will you be the youngest member in attendance?

Who will be bringing a Durant made vehicle the farthest?

Which Durant made vehicle will be the "Pride of Elizabeth?

Be there, and you will get to see first hand.

Have you ever been to a Jersey BBQ (those from NJ dont count)?

Have you ever dined on Portugese cuisine?

Well, be there and you will have the opportunity to do both.

Oh, yes, and we have confirmation that a former Durant Motors employee, who is 96, will be at the Elizabeth event at the Interbake Foods Facility.

Join us for a great weekend!

charlie and peggy spitz

Re: The Countdown has STARTED!

I just returned from the "Durant Plant" in Elizabeth, NJ. I had another tour of the building to parts that I was not in previously. The fourth floor has one room that is 1400 feet, that is not a typo, 1400 feel long. Some of the floors are small wood blocks that were soaked in oil. Would you like one as a souvenir? If you come to the annual meeting and take the tour to the fourth floor, I think that I can arrange for you to have a piece of the plant, well at least a piece of the floor.

The holding tank for the fire sprinkler system is under the building, it holds a mere 500,000 gallons, yes 500,000 gallons of water.

Another interesting observation, the roof on part of the building is original. Therefore it is about 85 years old.

Many of you know that I am an architect, and I have seen a lot of construction in the last 40 years, but I saw things today, that I have not seen in my professional career.

This building is impressive, not because it is beautiful, but because of how it was constructed.

See you next week.

Charlie

Re: The Countdown has STARTED!

Hi Charlie. Boy that sounds very interesting. Can't wait. We been working all day boxing up Durant books and new oil filters for the 22A engine and brand new throwout bearings for all 29 and older Durant & Star cars also four 28 & 29 Model 60 wood wheeled hub caps all restored and replated. A new cast rear bumper emblem by the Butters. And we ran off 40 sheets of the 1923 Star poem / song for everyone. It is all coming to your house in 3 days via Fed Ex. Next is wrapping up my completed Durant literature collection and I will carry that on the plane to share with everyone. Even have extra instruction manuals & dealer brochures for the attendees. Also bring more door prizes for the big drawing. Wow can't wait. We will be there on the 7th in the afternoon. See you all there. Come one come all. This is a must. Eastward. Lance & Beth Haynes.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club