Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Correct plugs and..

I am using Champion D-16 plugs in the 1931 DeVaux. I purchased them from Ray Zenz some time back. I am wondering if these are the correct ones for my car? It has not been running as good as it should.
Also, I have been told that I should put in a fuel filter before the fuel pump. I don't see that I have the space to put one in that tight area. Any help out there?
Thanks, Gary

Re: Correct plugs and..

Gary your Devaux like the 30 - 32 Durant and 31 - 32 Frontenac originally used Champion C-7 sparkplugs which champion the superceded to D-16. Champion has since superceded this plug 2 more times, but if you go to your local NAPA store they can cross the D-16 plugs. My father and I have always had good luck with the champion plugs, but I have found that you will find that everybody has their own favourite. When you say that it's not running right what do you mean. What is it doing.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club