Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My trip and the kindness of all members

Just got home yesterday June 16th.What a trip.I want to thank all the members who made this trip one of the best I ever had.It was great to meet a lot of the club members and visit them to look at cars and buy parts.Hope I wasnt to much of a pain. I will try to write up an article for the next issue to tell all about it . Special thanks go out to a lot of members -Hope I dont forget any --All the people that were in the napa valley tour --and specially Roger and Pam for taking us with them in their car. Bert and Sonia Babick for the great lunch and meeting location.Rick Botti for the pictures-( got them Rick Thanks)
Then I have to thank Lance for the rides in the cars and the look at the 6-14 coupe- (sure helps when you can see one and know what to do with all the parts I have) Don Shilling for allowing me to park in his yard and use his power and water for my trailer (Dom and his wife Shirley even took us out for supper and to the club meeting) Then I have to say thanks to Frank and Kathy Witkowski in Pa. And to Gordon Curl In Guelph Ont. Gordon drove me over to visit Mac Irvine and we looked at his car as well.
All in all it was a fantastic trip with only one flat tire and one U joint replaced in 16000 kms (That is 10000 miles to you folks in the south country)
This has to be the friendliest club I ever was involved with --A great big thanks to all
Ken and Norma

Re: My trip and the kindness of all members

And we need to do this more often, too, and with more people.
Anyone passing thru NE Texas (along I-30)drop in and cool yer heels for a couple days!
Don

Ken, I enjoyed meeting you and Norma and was glad to see you could make it to our first tour. I hope you got those doors you needed too.

Rick

Hi Ken. It was a real pleasure meeting you both and am so glad to help you out. I also want everyone to know they are welcome here at Durant Motors West anytime and all the time. Sure is nice to see some of you come by. That was a very long courageous trip I must say. Congratulations. A nice story would be great for our club magazine. Also thank you very much for the kind words Ken about our club members. I feel the same way. Later Lance

Ken
Glad to hear you got home safely. Gord Curl and I really enjoyed our visit with you. Make sure you drop by the next time you are in Southwestern Ontario. I hope to have both my cars running soon. This invite goes to all Club members.

Ken,
I'm happy to hear you made it safely home with very few problems. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife. I thank you again for taking my various items down to Lance for me. Now, what will be your next trip ?

No problem stephan --it was a stop I planned anyway --I enjoyed the visit with lance and the rides in both his project cars --havent really planned a new trip--that one topok a lot of driving --hopefully some of you southern members will come up north one day and give me an opportunity to repay the kindness shown to me -all of you are surely welcome here any time --
Ken

Hi Ken........

Cathy and I really enjoyed your visit, Glad you got home ok and hope you found a lot of the parts that you needed. Glad I was able to help with some.

We've got a few more cars in since your visit so make a return trip some time and remember the camera!

The door is always open for Club members soo if you're ever in beautiful Hookstown, Pa stop and see us.

Hope to see a lot of folks in NJ in Sept!!............

The Durant Motors Automobile Club