Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
U-Joints, fan belt bearings

Restoring 1926 Star Sedan. Looking for u-joint balls. Also looking for someone to update fanhub. Thankyou Paul Hoffman. My phone number is 248-627-8342.

Re: U-Joints, fan belt bearings

Paul........

I have new u-joint balls available, $32.50 for a set of 16 with instructions for installatiom, plus shipping.

Lance should be able to get your fan rebuilt.

Frank

Re: U-Joints, fan belt bearings

Paul,
I just rebuilt the spicer u-joint on my 29 Durant. I got the 16 replacement balls from Frank and found that I also needed four spacers too. The originals were all chewed up from banging together after the rubber balls were worn out and completely gone. It took me most of 1/2 a day to get it all put back together, but it made all the difference in the world. The only thing that the instructions didn't tell me was that the rear joint is held on with a bolt going into the transmission spindle. It took me awhile to figure that out. Good luck.

Gary Warden
Atlanta

The Durant Motors Automobile Club