Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1930 Durant 666 rumble seat coupe with dual sidemounts for sale.

Hey y'all,
Just for your information, I saw the above listed car for sale on ebay. It came on late this afternoon. I was hopeing someone was looking for a new project (total rebuild?) and could get this one before some streetrodder grabbed it up.

Also, I'm into finishing up my '27 Star and am looking for parts. Need alot of things like brake light switch, a couple guages, winshild wiper motor, window cranks, hood hold-down latches, rumble seat hinges, etc., etc. Anyone know of a few antique parts dealers that have such things. Sure would appreciate the names of a few with web sites that I might check out or any other sources.
Thanks
Rick

Re: 1930 Durant 666 rumble seat coupe with dual sidemounts for sale.

Hi Rick........

Probably can help you out on some of the parts you need, Have some gauges, brake lite switches wiper motors etc let me know what you need........

Frank

I am considering bidding on this car. I have sent some questions to the seller and am waiting for his answers before entering a bid.

Please be aware that this car is a 1929 car and not one single part will fit on a 30's Durant car. It is a model 6-66 alright and should have a 4 speed transmission and a 15L engine in it. The head lights are wrong. Notice the proper shutters in front of the radiator. Happy bidding. Lance

Good Luck Bob, maybe if you stay in touch and no one bids on it you could pick it up for less than $1500. Two engines, extra parts? Doesn't look like a 29 grill or caps to me. Bob

Definitely a 1929 and not a 30. Also has quite a few bullet holes in the sides of the upper body behind the doors, missing most of the split rings for the wheels, the hubcaps, cowl lamps, radiator emblem, passenger window and door mechanisms, and dash trim as well as other items. No response so far from the seller on the questions I sent to him.
Bob (L8GR858 on eBay)

An unfortunate end for a fine Durant rumble seat coupe.
If I am the lucky bidder my wife will kill me!

I had planned to make a late bid on that coupe, but the bidding went to $2550, a little too rich for me to take on another new "from the beginning" project, although it is a very desirable model. I do not recognize the other bidders so Lance may have a chance to drum up some more new members.

Hello my name is Lupe Delgado, I bought the what I thought was the 1930 Durant on ebay, I do not know much about Durants, and I just happend to see this one on ebay a really liked it. I would appricate any
help or information on this car I would realy like to restore it to an original or as close to it as possible . I live is San Antonio, Texas and have a long way to go an pick it up.

Lupe,
Welcome to the world of Durant motorcars.
While you new car will require a lot of work, you have acquired a rare and desirable model.
Please send me your contact info and I'll be happy to send you a copy of the club magazine.

Rick
DMAC Webmaster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club