Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Name two automobiles that Durant Motors built which are not in the club

This is a quiz. There are two automobiles which were built by Durant Motors that are not in the club. One was built in the begining of the Durant Motors life and one was built at the end of Durant Motors life. Who can name them? Have fun. Jan

Re: Name two automobiles that Durant Motors built which are not in the club

If small delivery type trucks counts, How about the Mason.... They are listed as being built by Durant on sales product information... Bill

There are five others that I know of. Eagle, Manson, Princeton, Mathis and Continental

I'm really surprised to find this conversation. Although Rick doesn't list the Mason RoadKing truck and bus on the cover of this web site, they are part of the club. Jim Johnson/Sloan Museum are listed in the registery as having a Mason. (three known to still exist). Locomobile is also part of the club, Jeff Cromeens did own one.
Princetons, four/five were produced in early 1923 for show. It was introduced two days after the Flint made its debut, never went into production at Muncie as planned, however.
The Eagle wasn't as lucky as the Princeton...it never made it off of the paper in early 1924.
As far as the end of Durant Motors....The Continental (Beacon, Flyer and Ace) would come to mind. Although never included in the club, some Frontenacs are only rebadged Continentals. Continental never used a Durant factory to produce its autos. I do not think any Continentals were produced at the DeVaux/Durant Oakland factory. Bob

A good question, how about Chevrolet and Little. Which Durant manufactured after his first leaving of General Motors in 1910.

I have to credit where credit is due. I thought it might take a few days but no, everone jumped on it. I was thinking about the Princeton which was pointed out became the Flint and the Mathis which was to be developed by a French company (Mathis) and Durant. I believe one car was produced. Does anyone know what happened to it?

The Durant Motors Automobile Club