Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How do I make a puller for my 1924 wood spoke rims

I have a new paint job & I would like to paint my rims also . But I'm not really sure about how to remove them. I think I need some type of a puller. Any ideas are welcome

Re: How do I make a puller for my 1924 wood spoke rims

Have you checked the tech page ???--some good plans for pullers there. probably one would do the job --
Good Luck --Ken

Al: Doesn't you car have demountale rims. You do not need a puller for the rim. That is the beauty of a demountable rim.
Jan

Do you want to remove the wheel from the axle or the tire from the rim? There is a special tool to remove the split rim.

Bob

If you want to remove the whole wheel, a few light taps with a baby sledge on the end of the axle should break the bond on the taper of the shaft, then work it off by alternately pulling forward on each side. Just be sure to leave the nut even with the end or hold a piece of soft metal over the end to protect the threads when tapping on it. At least it worked fine for me. Fritz Kuenzel

Alfred I met you at our local bay area Durant meeting
I have a puller for mine that I made if you can wait till the May meeting I'll bring it. let me know
Tony

The Durant Motors Automobile Club