Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reproduction Brake drums in 10" and 11" diameter

Hello everyone,
found a company that still has tooling to make brake drums in 10" and 11" diameter.
They are $145.00 US each drum having some made right now. Let me know if there is anybody else that needs some.
Best regards,
Franz Fraitzl

Re: Reproduction Brake drums in 10" and 11" diameter

We need 4 drums for Durant 1929 D-63 let us know how to order them thank you

Hello. Just wondering if these new ones are cast iron or hopefully at least thicker as our old ones are thin and expand real quick under any use on hills with 4 people in the car. I know I'm too fat. Anyway maybe better metal anyway. Would like the phone number of the people making them. Later Lance

We may have missed your Email in regard to ordering brake drums, please try again and we won't delete the message. Thank You

Are these the drums for wood wheel cars where the drum is attached to the wheel, or do they make drums that fit on the hub like a modern car.
Would be interesting to post the information etc on the web site if possible. I am sure many folk are interested in new drums.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club