Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Basketball

Who was that team that knocked off number one undefeated Stanford today on National TV anyway? Ha. Tee Hee.

Re: Basketball

Well at a Husky team wow. Not my Huskies from Washington but at least there Huskies. Yes. Yes back to work on all these cars out back. Actually we have got a lot of work done this winter. Course dry and sunny and warm most all the time does help a lot here in San Diego, Ca. Now onto baseball. My Padres beat up on those horrible Los Angeles Dodgers 8-2 on opening day for us up there in there park yesterday. Ha go Padres. Later Lance

Re: Basketball

I've heard many times that the first basketball basket was a peach basket made by the Barden Robson Basket Company in Penn Yan, NY. (My home town) Have others heard this, and does anybody know if this is factual? I would also be interested to know if any other areas make a similar claim.

I also have heard that for a time the ball was retrieved by means of pushing a stick up through a hole in the bottom of the basket. I can't imagine that a ladder would have been used for retrievel very long!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club