Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need wheels for 1929 Touring 60

I just bought a 1929 Durant 60 touring. I would like to restore it as close to original as possible. I need four wooden, correct wheels with hubs. Can you tell me where to find them?

Re: Need wheels for 1929 Touring 60

len if u still need wheels for ur 29 durant it finally stopped raining here and i found my old durant rear behind a shed it has 12 spokes so i was wrong on year they need to be respoked but u can hav them if u can pick them up (2) sorry i dont hav 4 if u already got wheels then disregard message
thanx bec

Leonard. You have first pick on all four of the four 12 spoke wood wheels off that 26 "R" Star I bought off E-bay. Mike Larsen is on his way picking it up in Eastern Washington. They are the same wheels that came on a model 60. So they will work. We will let you know the condition and when we can ship them to you. Later Lance Haynes San Diego.

Hi Leonard & Lance
Although 28-30 models take same front bearings, spindles, hubs & drums will not inter change. I have a lot of 28/29 ( 30 odd years collecting ) gear but shipping to US is a big expense. Lance, i have often e mailed you but never get through. What is your em address?
Sid

Hi Sid,
My email is: Leonardb@emm.org or LAMBurk@juno.com
I am not sure why your email would not be coming through.
Leonard

len if you still need wheels go to ebay type in durant and search ebay motors guy in nv has 29 2 dr
sed listed for sale [sure looks like a coupe to me]
its rough but appears to hav all 4 wheels on it and
he says the tires hold air may be something you can use
bec

Bec,
Thanks for the info. Yes, the car on ebay looks like what I need. There may be other parts on the car that I also need.
I'll see what happens to the bidding.
Leonard

Re: Need to sell soft top and doors for jeep

I am trying to sell a used soft top and doors to a jeep. I cleaned a friends garage for salvage and these were in there. How much should I charge and where might I sell them

The Durant Motors Automobile Club