Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Think about donating to the Durant Motors Automobile Museum Foundation this year!
Well for all you U.S. Durantonians who are looking for a place to donate some money before the end of the year before the end of our tax season, please take a moment and consider donating any amount to the Durant Motors Automobile Museum Foundation this year. Donatio...
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 21, 2021 10:13am
by Mike Linthicum
Star engine for sale
Star engine for sale in Portland, OR. Ebay #133942145662. Tag on engine is 376487. Complete engine, less flywheel, carb and distributor.
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2021 12:52pm
by Robert Bush
W. C. Durant's birthday
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to William Crapo Durant
Views: 73   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2021 12:26pm
by Bob Smith
Durant Motors Automobile Museum Foundation.
Hello Durantonians! As we start to draw near to the end of the year and our thoughts turn to year end donations to various non profits here in the United States please consider making a donation to the Durant Motors Automobile Museum Foundation inc. You can easily d...
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2021 4:51pm
by Mike Linthicum
Roadster Interior and Top Pictures
Hi All, Well if you remember the post "Following A Star" Cathy's roadster is ready for the interior and top. What we need are any reference pictures of the interiors used in Durant or Star roadsters. Please help us get the car ready for the Flint Meet! Thanks.....
Views: 145   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2021 11:56am
by frank witkowski
Needing help!
Just a good news - bad news note. GOOD NEWS, just bought a 1925 STAR SPORT TOURING CAR that had major restorations nearly finished: the Bad news, in the restoration process, the restorer "lost" major parts - e.g. steering column, dash gauges, door handles, top irons...
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2021 6:50pm
by Dennis Olson
distributor curve
does anyone have specs for distibutor curve for a w4 1924 engine thanks
Views: 133   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2021 2:18pm
by jeffrey quicksel...
23rd Annual Durant Meet, Grand Junction, CO
Tom and Lisa Schaffer did an outstanding job of hosting the annual Durant get-together. From the Alpaca introduction to the all female chorus, there wasn't a detail missed. Their tireless efforts were appreciated and a great time was had by all those that attended....
Views: 87   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2021 10:11am
by Bob Smith
starter bushings
Looking for a set of starter bushings for a '29 Durant M-4 with a W5 motor if any one has any or can tell me where to find some let me know gaskill_d@msn.com -
Views: 104   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2021 8:19pm
by Don M Gaskill
MUSIC for 2021 NATIONAL MEET
Here is the link to the music for the National Meet: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vhKtTAAUFbJU6qvkSIH91_1iNDxhAmIu?usp=sharing Dearest Durant Ladies, I had talked to some of you a couple of meetings ago about putting some songs together to play an...
Views: 104   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2021 9:01am
by Tom Schaffer
valve timing
I found a car with a 15L engine and I am planning to build a racer/speedster because only the mechanical part is worthwhile. I am looking for information on the camshaft/tappets specifications and valve overlap. I found that the tappets do not have a plane surface at...
Views: 162   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 26, 2021 7:09am
by Rogelio Hecker
Starter
Looking for a starter. New or rebuilt any suggestions? Thanks for the help! 1923 Durant Touring
Views: 116   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 20, 2021 5:48am
by Dave Blyler
1924 star brakes model f
so im needing some help with rear brakes i have a 24 star im replacing rear brakes i have reassembled them but my brakes where only used on that year im told by don shilling, With the car on jacks i can spin wheel one way no problem but if i go the other way parking...
Views: 134   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2021 8:16am
by Jeffrey Quicksel...
Tools for sale
I have a lot of tools for sale. I have finally quit working and its time to download.Come see what I have and help me get rid of stuff. Ken
Views: 132   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2021 12:26pm
by Ken MCcormick
DMAC Annual Tour is a GO!
Annual DMAC National Tour Grand Junction, Colorado Arrive Tuesday, September 14, Departure Sunday, September 19. Details have ben posted to the Club Events Page. Rick
Views: 118   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2021 3:28pm
by RICK BOTTI
rear brakes on 24 star
so im replacing rear brakes on my star i did right side no problem but now to the left . on the parking brake shoe (inner) i was missing the one shoe u bracket welded to shoe and where the shoe goes into the brake lever there is play so shoe moves until slack is take...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2021 1:14pm
by jeff quicksell
Very Nice Locomobile Book on eBay
There is a very nice Locomobile book on eBay. Pricey but excellent. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1916-1917-Locomobile-Standard-Custom-Models-Prestige-Sales-Brochure-Book-Nice/382859069895?hash=item59242dc9c7:g:HewAAOSw9tFdlMA3
Views: 121   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2021 12:02pm
by Robert Bush
Kingston vacuum tank fuel feed
The Kingston vacuum tank is a different animal than the Stewart unit. The Kingston is simpler with a lot less moving parts. I'm curious to learn how the Kingston unit knows it's full? There is a brass fitting (vacuum) at the top of the unit. 1) There is an opening f...
Views: 137   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2021 6:48am
by Bob Smith
m
mike b
December mens tech Zoom session
Well if didn't know, tech sessions have been going on monthly. This month Tech session is how to repair your Spicer unit on your Durant and Stars. Rick and the junior mechanics will show you how we repair Spicer units. email me and I can send you the Link. the date i...
Views: 120   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2020 7:33am
by mike b
d
Dave
Devaux
Hello everyone There are two devauxs for sale at the same time I don’t believe that has happened since 1931,, Dave
Views: 152   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 1, 2020 3:15pm
by Dave
Blessed Thanksgiving to all
Good morning and a blessed Thanksgiving to all of you! We hope this holiday is a special one and we want to remember give thanks for all the blessings we have received throughout the past year. Be sure to share this holiday season with your families and friends and b...
Views: 112   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 26, 2020 7:31am
by S. Blomquist
21 inch rims
One of the front rims are wrong for the durant car, believe they are from a model T. Wondering where we can buy a used 21 inch rim for our car. yes they are 21 front and 20 rear? Thanks for any help in our quest to get the car back on the ground with tires....
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2020 4:40pm
by William Durant
m
mike b
project star on Zoom
Calling all Mechanics and Junior Mechanics! Come join us on a Zoom Tech Sesh...11/21 @ Noon Pacific Time. We'll be troubleshooting a 1925 Star and hope to get her off the trailer and back on the road. Contact me for Zoom link if you're in for some educational fun...y...
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 13, 2020 8:17am
by mike b
g
Gary
Rumble seat rollers
Does anybody have pictures (or spares) of what the rumble seat rollers look like for a 1926-29 Star Durant?
Views: 149   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2020 12:15pm
by Gary
New Durant owner Michigan with a 1929 Model 60 Sedan
New Durant owner ‎Ben Logan in Michigan just purchased a 1929 Model 60 Sedan Below is a link to pictures posted to the Durant Motors Autombile Club FaceBook page. https://www.facebook.com/durantmotors/inbox/3713966415349950/?notif_id=1602463157679043&no...
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2020 8:43pm
by Rick Botti
Badge Auction
There is an online auction of a large collection of badges. There are several Durant and Star badges. Auction ends soon. Here's a link: https://www.icollector.com/search.aspx?q=durant&p=1&ps=20&is=1&ex=0&so=13&sf=1&hi=0
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2020 8:42pm
by Vincent OBrien
SOLD the 1927
Got gobs of parts left over if anyone needs anything, plus a Spare engine. Had lots of fun with it and did have the engine running for while but now I can concentrate on my true love of old cars. My 1930 Model A Ford phaeton.
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 17, 2020 9:02pm
by David Coppess
pictures needed for a new 2021 calendar
Stephanie is in the process of compiling a Durant calendar for 2021. She is in need of pictures. Since most cars are long and the calendar page is square, any pictures provided need to have some foreground and back ground to crop. Also need pictures taken with high...
Last Post: Sep 17, 2020 11:38am
by Robert Smith
1923 Durant A22 touring
Pictures from the restoration of Ken Crouch 1923 Durant A22 touring are now in the Durant photographs section. Rick
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2020 7:23pm
by Rick Botti
found old certicate
1928 5 shares. Paper was folded in thirds, otherwise in great condition. What can I do with it?
Last Post: Sep 10, 2020 2:45pm
by Katie Gundersen
Clutch Depth
I going to have a spare clutch pressure plate assemble rebuilt. I my plan to have all the parts ready ahead of time so I can get the car back on the road as soon aa possible. The shop asked for the clutch depth, this is a number I don't have. Does any know what...
Views: 153   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2020 9:20am
by Rick Botti
zoom
I would like to thank all that attended the tech, pacific coast meeting and the Wine and Whine zoom sessions. For people who aren't familiar with Zoom, it is a platform for people to have a meetings via the web. You will get a e-mail with a active link that 5 min bef...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 2, 2020 8:57am
by mike babick
Durant Partner Address
Hello all, You'll notice that the Durant Partner - on schedule to deliver for printing on August 1 - has a new address on it. I'm no longer in Phoenix. My address, and the address for the Partner, is now- 660 Bonita Ave. 18D Claremont, CA 91711 Have a gr...
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2020 2:09pm
by Shawn Humphrey
Distributor Help
Hello: I am a new Star owner and am joining your terrific club. My original distributor crumbled away from what the previous owner told me and they either made one or got this one from a club member who made some. I was just wondering can anyone identify this one?...
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 19, 2020 7:18am
by Michael
Throttle control
Pretty basic question here but both the rod from the accelerator and the spring from the throttle control are not attached to anything and I need to reattach them in the right place on a 1923 Star. There are two holes in the arm behind the carburetor that I assume th...
Views: 169   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 29, 2020 10:17am
by Jim Simmons
wondering what happened to a 1928 durant 2dr sedan
I've been wondering what happened to a 1928 Durant 2dr sedan that belonged to a friend of mine. The car was restored in about 1980 and I did some minor work on the car. It was a good original car and resulted in a spectacular restoration. It was painted back to the o...
Views: 170   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 25, 2020 10:59am
by Curtis Bartell
Need help with my Bendix 3 shoe mechanical breaks
When I took my brakes apart for restoration I took several photographs which I thought would be what I would use to put them back together. Now as you can see from the photographs that the parts are restored and I have new brake pads installed. I downloaded the instr...
Views: 159   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2020 7:21am
by Mike Linthicum
EDITOR NEEDED!
Hello Durantonians Carol has graciously agreed to put out our next issue of "The Partner" which will be coming out soon BUT as I posted earlier she has notified me she has retired. The last issue was supposed to be her last. We need a club member to step up and b...
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2020 9:34am
by Mike Linthicum
s
Shane
W5 motor front seal
Does anyone have the correct size of the front felt seal on the crankshaft for a W5 motor? The size I have written down is not correct. Thanks
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 7, 2020 3:05pm
by Shane
SMS Auto Fabrics is having a 19% off sale
Hard to believe in these turbulent times, and because SMS has never had a sale in its entire 43 years, but I received an email with the news this morning. SMS is open although operating with a smaller staff. If you want to take advantage of their sale and order anyt...
Views: 145   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2020 7:35am
by Bob Bush
DMAC Events
Just posted this to the Pacific Coast Facebook site, but thought I would also make a post here. Ok, I'm sure there have been discussions already but I guess I'll be the first to actually ask the question. Should the DMAC events scheduled, simply be moved to next y...
Views: 141   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2020 7:58pm
by Tom Schaffer
A tribe of scribes...
Along the lines of finding someone to fill Carol's shoes... Are there any 'Jimmy Olsens' out there ... photographers and reporters that want to work with the editor of the Quarterly Partner (x-Daily Planet)?? We only print four issues a year, but developing int...
Views: 158   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2020 8:19am
by Bob Smith
Defferential ring gear & pinion gear
Ring gear part # F-3-41016 and the pinion gear to mesh with it are needed. On taking the differential apart I had chipped teeth on both gears and I am not sure they can be repaired. The spider gears are O. K. Any help would be appreciated. I do not have the part numb...
Views: 163   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 24, 2020 1:29pm
by Bill Hoge
1931 DeVaux Sport Coupe for sale.
There is a 1931 Rumble Seat, Sport Coupe for sale in California. It was part of a collection that was for sale in Riverside about a year ago. It is a good car and has a perfect history. First owned by a DeVaux dealer, Harry Hoy from Wisconsin. If interested, contact...
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2020 3:08pm
by Gary Yelle
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas and a Fantastic New Year!! Rick
Views: 140   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2019 12:52pm
by Rick Botti
d
Dave
Ignition switch
Is there anyone who specializes in ignition switches,or has a catalog for early 30s ignition switches,will gladly buy a catalog for the info, Dave
Views: 165   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 4, 2019 9:30am
by Dave
2020 calendar
just asking if the 2020 calendars are for sale still showing 2019 on the web site want to order some for christmas presents thanks jeff
Views: 138   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 22, 2019 5:18pm
by jeff quicksell
Facebook PCC - San Jose show
Hi Rick: Your participation in the San Jose Car show with the accompanying pictures was simply grand. Sure was great to see the attention the Durant Motora Automobile club gathered. I watched the whole show and it was sure great. Wish we could make it some year, but...
Views: 157   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 16, 2019 9:29am
by Gordon F. Curl
d
Dave
Free wheeling
Hello everyone, I’m still looking for a dash pull knob or control knob for the free wheeling on my 32 devaux,it says F.w. And below it says in.i don’t know how to describe it other than it looks like it has vertical wings on each side,I’d appreciate...
Views: 162   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 15, 2019 10:59am
by Dave
Auction in Idaho
Their is going to be an auction coming up in Kingston, ID which is in the Kellogg area....150 cars with parts cars/junk....I see in one of the back corners of building is a Star Touring (what model?...could go cheap?)) This was on facebook and my son brought it to my...
Views: 189   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 25, 2019 12:43pm
by Bill Hoaglan
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Durant Motors Automobile Club