General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Only Foolin' EP (PART 2!)

About the EP - LOVE IT!! Just a question though - how come there's still an 'Osbourne, Soussan' writing credit on 'Shot In The Dark'? Most of us have heard the original demo of the song so we're in no doubt it was written & recorded before the Ozzy version but was Steve not allowed a credit on FM's version due to legal reasons, or is he just being his usual modest self?

Re: Only Foolin' EP (PART 2!)

Tom
About the EP - LOVE IT!! Just a question though - how come there's still an 'Osbourne, Soussan' writing credit on 'Shot In The Dark'? Most of us have heard the original demo of the song so we're in no doubt it was written & recorded before the Ozzy version but was Steve not allowed a credit on FM's version due to legal reasons, or is he just being his usual modest self?

I would suspect the legal reasons is firmly tapping the nail on the head. My copy hasn't made it over the big pond yet but I was interested to see who would be credited with that one knowing the history as you do.

Re: Only Foolin' EP (PART 2!)

It's a crackin' EP Craig but u knew it would be didn't ya? [BigGrin] And yeah I'd imagine the legal aspect is the reason for the credits. At least us FM fans know the truth - pity Steve ain't ever had the credit he deserved (and the royalties...!) But the music biz has always been like shark infested waters innit? [Irked]