General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
FM Reissues...

So after the amazing Indiscreet shows and seeing the RD reissues, it got me thinking about FM's back catalogue...

Does anyone else think an overhaul of the band's releases would be good?

It's just that the band's albums are on so many different labels & come in all sorts of forms & it would be great to see 'definitive' FM releases!

For example, I have the original 1989 release of Tough It Out & the 1993 BGO re-release of Indiscreet with 4 extra tracks but there are other re-issues of both albums with varyingly different extra tracks!

The Bad Reputation editions of both albums are about the best versions re: extra tracks but they're hard to get hold of at an affordable price & are still incomplete or mix the extra tracks up era-wise (ie, Love Lasts Forever should be on Indiscreet, Alibi should be on TIO, also the extended single mixes would be a great addition to TIO too, along with new sleeve notes, pics etc...

Just a thought & yes I DO have a bit of OCD... [Hyper]

What does everyone else think?

Re: FM Reissues...

I think it's a great idea. Quo did something similar a few years back, remastering some of their classic albums and reissuing with bonus tracks.

Perhaps a Vintage & Rare Pt II, if enough material exists?

What I'd really love to hear is a re-recording of some of the classic tracks, given the quality of the current line-up? Indiscreet has some great songs, but I much prefer the current treatment over the rather "80s" style production on the album...

I agree with you Tom!

Where do I buy the new 'FM - Dangerous CD' compilation released on Riff city records from?

I think that's a great idea, Tom. The one track I'd love to hear again, since I don't have a record player anymore, is the live version of Addicted to Love from the Frozen Heart double pack on 7" vinyl.

And talking of which, if ATL (& Hot Legs) were recorded that great night at The Marquee, then surely the rest of that show was recorded? Now that's one gem I'd like to hear in it's entirety.

Kim, as mentioned on FB - it´s a bootleg, no official release, which can´t be purchased (officially)! It only contains songs which you can find on the official CDs you can purchase from fmofficial (e.g. That girl (2009 version) from City Limits EP).

Robert Perry
And talking of which, if ATL (& Hot Legs) were recorded that great night at The Marquee, then surely the rest of that show was recorded? Now that's one gem I'd like to hear in it's entirety.

So would I cos I would have been there!!!![8)]

Rock Candy are meant to be releasing a 2cd Indiscreet deluxe package and Tough it out next month. Does anyone know the track listing?

Ralf Hirse
Kim, as mentioned on FB - it´s a bootleg, no official release, which can´t be purchased (officially)! It only contains songs which you can find on the official CDs you can purchase from fmofficial (e.g. That girl (2009 version) from City Limits EP).

Ralf, some of these songs can only be found on hard to find CD singles(Fuel to the fire, Hot love etc)and not available on compilations or EP's from the official site but you may find them on ebay!

Please note we do not condone the sale or purchase of unofficial/bootleg product and posts providing links to sites where bootleg product may be obtained will be removed.

We have removed two such posts from this thread in the last 12 hours – persistent posters of these links will be banned from posting on the forum.

Thank you for your co-operation everyone.

Riff City Records works very hard to remove illegal product from download sites etc.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank those fans who take the trouble to email FM and Riff City Records to advise us of new instances as they appear, assisting us in the never-ending task of removing such content from the internet.

1 2