General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Indiscreet 25 Idea

So I was sitting at the coffee shop at Butlins in Skeggy with Ralf, having a chat about FM, and specifically the Indiscreet album, when I hit on an idea. This idea then came back into my head when reading the getreadytorock.com review of the Skeggy weekend.

They spoke well of FM's performance, and specifically Let Love Be The Leader, of which they said, "...benefits greatly from the rougher live environment as opposed to the sugary pop treatment it received in the 80s".

And that was my idea - we're all going to hear Indiscreet played Live in March - wouldn't it be great to hear how the current FM line-up handles Indiscreet on record.

The Indiscreet album is full of great songs - but they've all got that rather over-produced 80s feel. Metropolis, on the other hand, sounds absolutely magnificent production-wise to these ears.

So I'd love it if the band could spend a day or two in the studio, especially while they've got the tracks rehearsed up for the 25 Live tour, committing the Indiscreet tracks to record again, but with a 2012 feel (much like they did with the re-recordings of old tracks in 1993) - and maybe make it available for (paid) download on the website.

What does everyone think?

Re: Indiscreet 25 Idea

One half of me thinks that's a great idea, other half thinks not.

I'd love to hear it recorded today and I'm sure it would sound great. The original however has long remained one of my all time favourite albums and somehow I'd hate to replace it.

I'd settle for an EP of what used to side 2 of the vinyl LP [8-)]

Or a complete live version of the album taken from the up coming 25 Live gigs... A live video would also be fantastic [:)][:)]

Like you’re thinking Simon!
Maybe, as is popular with other bands these days, if the fan base came up with the Wonga to fund the venture,(say recording a live show) the band may be persuaded?
Is it "instant Live" who record shows, warts n all & you buy your copy CD as you leave the venue.
FM Live at the Bush!
I fear that time is against us?