General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Desolation station....yea or nay?

Hi folks,
With the alleged working title of the new album being 'Desolation Station' what do other fans think?
Personally I think it sounds very old hat, trad-rock-ish and a bit cheesy...and am a bit worried that this may become the actual title. I love the one word titles...Metropolis, Indiscreet...and even Tough It Out was perfect considering the ordeals the band had overcome at the time...I just think the band may have missed a trick if they don't revise the name....what do others think...sorry if I sound like Victor Meldrew!!

Re: Desolation station....yea or nay?

Paul - just curious but where did you hear that was the working title? Did I miss something?

yea spill the beans, were did you hear that name from?

There was a spread in Classic Rock a few months back which talked about how they were getting on with the new album and the working title for it was 'Desolation Station'.

Desolation Station as a working title was mentioned in Classic Rock's report from the studio and also Merv's Q&A, both of which are on the media page if anyone missed them.

I quite like the working title :-)

I like the title!,
And, for the perfect album cover, go on Google images and type desolation Station......there's a few images come up, but you'll know the one I'm talking about because it leaps out and smacks you in the face!, all that's missing is the FM logo!!!!!!!

So, great name!, but to be honest, I'd buy it if it was called "Pink Fluffy Bunny"........it matters not so long as it's music by FM...........and, Metropolis did, either intentionally, or unintentionally sort of have a slight "Batmany" (is that a word????)look/suggestion to it.

Or is that just me?[:)s]

Nick,
Can you be more specific...which image are you referring too??
The Batman metaphor is a good one as FM are superhuman as we well know!!!

I hope this works!http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/95315

Maybe it's just me again........ but I can see this, or something similar with an F.M. logo on it!

Perhaps it's taking the title "Desolation Station" a bit too literally?......but it works perfectly for me!

[:)]

I see where you're coming from!!!

Hey this would have really been a fitting title for the awesome cover or viceversa:)

So the final title will be ROCKVILLE isnt'it ?
I hope for a return to DeadManShoes music style ![:)s]