General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ireland Gigs

After a long spell of ill-health, I finally made it to my first live gig in many a moon and went to see Journey in Birmingham on Sunday night (with Foreigner & Styx supporting-shame it wasn't our boys, but there you go), and all you Dublin-based AOR fans are in for an almighty treat when the 11th arrives!

I hope I don't ruin the anticipation for anybody in Ireland, but for me, Foreigner stole the show, so make sure you don't go to the bar when they are on; they were fan-bloody-tastic!

Every song was a winner, and skilfully played with plenty of gusto and enthusiasm, and the star of the night was Foreigner's new vocalist Kelly Hansen.

Being a huge fan of Lou Gramm, I wasn't sure what Kelly would bring to the table. Well, that concern was thrown out the window immediately because the guy is a great singer and fantastic frontman and made the entire night-for me, at least.

Journey were also excellent, despite their sound problems, and Arnel Pineda is another great talent. Man, if I only could sing like him... Oh well, back to reality.

My only gripe is that FM weren't on the bill in Birmingham. But then again, I'm not married to Jennifer Aniston either, so you can't have it all your own way, can you?

Enjoy the gigs Ireland, you're in for a great night.

Best wishes

Robert Perry

Re: Ireland Gigs

Heading to Dublin on saturday...looking forward to it.MIGHT do Belfast as well if i get home on time..lol..busy week for me(and expensive)just heading out now to see Thin Lizzy,Alice Cooper and Def Leppard.

Glad your health is better and you made it to the gig.