General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Setlist Spring Clean

A little game for you all to play while we wait for the October dates.

Heres a chance to pretend you are in the band and decide on which songs from the back catalogue stay and go.

Name 2 songs In and 2 Out - and say why.

Since its my game I'll start.

Out
---
Grapevine - I cant stand the song performed by anyone, it just rubs me up the wrong way.

(Next one is much harder as I only really dislike Grapevine)
Burning My Heart Down - Just lost it on points to Closer To Heaven.

In
--
Someday - I got rid of a cover let's replace with a cover song. (plus I play it on my ipod constantly).
Tattoo Needle or Crack Alley - For my mate Tom who loves both of these songs.

go on ! Its your turn next !.

Re: Setlist Spring Clean

Just to clarify about new material. I'm assuming new material will be introduced into the set as and when relevant. Its an interesting argument, in my book as soon as a song is released its "back catalogue" too so if you want to include new material for the purpose of this little game - feel free.

Haha cheers Doddy!
Yeah I would prob choose Grapevine & maybe That Girl too! And yeah you chose perfectly! Have I mentioned how I'd love to hear those songs live much??!! [:))]def gotta be Tattoo Needle & Crack Alley (maybe sneak in The Dream That Died too...... )

Assuming that, as Doddy says, new material makes it into the set as and when relevant, I would remove Frozen Heart and either That Girl or Grapevine (Grapevine only because after I have headbanged to Burning My Heart Down I'm too old and knackered to try bopping to Grapevine too). Would replace with Crack Alley and either Get Ready or Tattoo Needle.

GMTA..... [:-D]

Poor Grapevine is getting a hammering...

Im struggling to take anything out to be honest. Can I instead suggest we just keep extending the setlist up to say 3 hours (save on support bands) and maybe put an interval in the middle where we can all have a loo break (lets face it we're all reaching that age where we need to go more often) a cup of coffee, maybe an ice cream lady could come around. For all those who like beer (ok everyone except me) they could go to the bar for a refil.

Included in the set I would like Dream that died and Tough it out (and I really hope they include days gone by from the new album too)

[8-)]

Out:
Grapevine and Burning My Heart Down

Simply just because I think their are far better songs to play in a live situation

In:
Fight For Our Love and Dangerous

Fight For Our Love because personally I am amazed how it never made an album with a chorus to die for that would go down a right treat live! Dangerous cause it's just awesome!

Rachel Shaw
Poor Grapevine is getting a hammering...

Im struggling to take anything out to be honest. Can I instead suggest we just keep extending the setlist up to say 3 hours (save on support bands) and maybe put an interval in the middle where we can all have a loo break (lets face it we're all reaching that age where we need to go more often) a cup of coffee, maybe an ice cream lady could come around. For all those who like beer (ok everyone except me) they could go to the bar for a refil.

Included in the set I would like Dream that died and Tough it out (and I really hope they include days gone by from the new album too)

[8-)]

says it all for us.....
half expceted to see an ice cream lady @ Winstanley would like to hear [Dance-Twist] Hold on to the Night[Dance-Twist]

Can you have a Spring Clean in September?

Hold On to the Night is a great song :)

Glynn Lowrie
Can you have a Spring Clean in September?

Yes ... in Oz - smarty pants !!

:D

Tough it out - Yes please.

My little boy wants The Volcano Song ...

... Bad Luck finding the lava ... ;-)

1 2 3