General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What a fantastic couple of days...

Well, I'm back after my little FM expedition of Wales and London - what a fantastic couple of days.

It was a pleasure to meet some lovely people - Ralf, Anthony and Paul - and of course to have the opportunity to chat with the band and crew.

FM were on absolute top form, and the Cardiff gig for me was particularly memorable.

Highlights - Steve losing his concentration when someone in the crowd at London shouted "average!" after one of his vocal solos... and, of course, the look of utter pride on Pete's face when little Freya came to the front to say hello.

And it would be remiss of me not to mention the support acts - The Treatment, Airrace and Romeo's Daughter, all of which were excellent.

And, of course, a huge thanks to Steve Church and the crew for making it all possible.

I've met some great people, listened to some great music, and had an absolute blast.

Here's to the next time.

Re: What a fantastic couple of days...

I'm afraid that 'someone' was me! [:D]

I thought Steve took it well though....

'This isn't as easy as it used to be!'

[:))]

He was of course, anything but average! [8)]

I had a great night too. Met some sound people, and a few oddballs, but hey ho!
Both bands rocked as usual - only downside was the Guinness was only available in cans....?!! [:-|]

:D Indeed - he took it absolutely in the spirit intended, and everyone thought it was hysterical.

Agree about the beer - at Cardiff, not only was it in cans, it was warm as the fridges weren't working...

See you out there again some time!

Joker,I was a row in front of you and shouted that Steve should take his stuff back to the shop!My coach to London was late so missed pre-gig meet then my Sat am coach back to Sheffield was 90mins late,making it a v.long day and a bit.I have never seen a drummer play an entire set constantly grinning like Mr Jupp-he obviously loves it.What to do until next time?

Wow ! What a great night at the academy in the Angel that was on Friday

I'm a massive FM fan but haven't been able to see the band since Hammersmith Odeon (Apollo) in 1989 yep..... that long ago. !!!!

I took my 18 year son with me ( an indie type of music fan)and he was mightily impressed particularly with Over You that he's heard me belting out on the CD in the car since May !

He knew alot of the songs and just like he was transformed into a Jeff Scott Soto/Journey fan when he went to see them in 2007 is now a confirmed FM fan

My highlight the venue was great with air con. a bar so you didn't have to move anywhere, all the tracks they played from Metroplis although I also wanted "I ain't the one" but never mind and all the classic particularly Only the Strong Survive

Great night ! Final word - Steve and all more please !!!!!

Fantastic night in Islington....not seen FM since 1994 I think when they supported Whitesnake in Brighton. The sound is as fresh now as it was back then.

Thanks guys for a fantastic evening....hope I can see you again soon.
It's not often I go to concerts these days, but am so glad I went to this one.

paul dartford
Wow ! What a great night at the academy in the Angel that was on Friday

I'm a massive FM fan but haven't been able to see the band since Hammersmith Odeon (Apollo) in 1989 yep..... that long ago. !!!!

I took my 18 year son with me ( an indie type of music fan)and he was mightily impressed particularly with Over You that he's heard me belting out on the CD in the car since May !

He knew alot of the songs and just like he was transformed into a Jeff Scott Soto/Journey fan when he went to see them in 2007 is now a confirmed FM fan

My highlight the venue was great with air con. a bar so you didn't have to move anywhere, all the tracks they played from Metroplis although I also wanted "I ain't the one" but never mind and all the classic particularly Only the Strong Survive

Great night ! Final word - Steve and all more please !!!!!

HI Paul.... were you about 5 or 6 rows of people back, slap bang in the middle facing 'The Voice'??

Hi

nah that weren't me (I was near the back near the bar - left hand side)

Great show ! Indeed what a great voice Mr S has - on the tube going home it dawned on me again that Mr S's voice and that of a certain Mr Steve Perry are those I've listened to the most since 1985 !

Oh yeh how many people had Journey t shirts on I counted at least 5 ![:)s]

only reason i ask is there was a guy next to me with what i presumed to be his son....
the father was happily dancing away, banging his head, singing at the top of his voice and the son looked decidely embarassed,but then as he got into it, was doing the same thign with his dad....

thought it was quite funny ....

anyway.......................

Donnnnnnng!

Message for Mr. McCormick.
Please go to the Postman Pat desk to sign up
for your personal FM badges.
Our personel at bo.braendstrup@mail.dk
will help you fill in the forms.
Thank you! [:D]

Oh no. That danish guy. He didn't. [:|][:-|]
He did! He did! [:))]

Everybody: If you want badges, email me.
And please remember The Hunt For Red October:
One Ping Only!