General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ANVIL documentary

I know it's not fm related but did anyone se the the Anvil documentary last night on bbc 4.? their music's not really my cup of tea ( a bit too metal ) but it was a cracking insight into a struggling rock band i would highly recommend it.
Sure ive said before that i would love to see an fm documentary or a book , would be great to see/read all the behind the scenes stuff. get it sorted now.LOL

Re: ANVIL documentary

Yeah...put it on the iplayer for a nosey and ended up watching it all.Saw Anvil around 83'...they were pretty good.....read in wikipedia that Lemmy from Motorhead actually asked Lips to take over from "Fast" Eddie Clarke,he turned the offer down.....silly boy.

ive got the dvd after seeing the reviews of how it did at the Sundance (I think) film festival. Love the band fight in England while recording and the fight with the promoter when he tries to pay them in soup !!!

What were they thinking hiring a girlfriend of the guitarist as their manager ??? Dont think much of the competition Jill Meniketti and Susan Tate, you two ladies are class professionals !

Dodders, do you reckon the film was recorded in Dobly?

Lidia

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Lidia

I reckon it was recorded in dublee pro-logic free

Well I'm glad a couple of you got the reference [8-)]

Hello Cleveland !

ONSTAGE TONIGHT.....

PUPPET SHOW

How many times do I have to tell you !

It's spinal tap, THEN the puppet show !

Or words to that affect