General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Overland to FM

Just listening to the new Overland album Diamond Dealer and it is absolutely 1 of the best albums to go by relatively un-noticed. certainly in the outside world and within rock it hasnt been given the accolade that it should have in my opinion.

had this album been made with FM, it would surely be touted as maybe the best melodic release for many years.

Metropolis will be fantasic when its released and having heard it at the roadhouse last sunday.
am certain that the wait of 15 years for a new FM album will prove worth the wait to each and every FM fan around.
but steve overland is a man of perfection and that shows and oozes through on Diamond Dealer and it certainly deserves the tag of classic.

i think people should pay this album more attention and possibly listen to it with the imagination that if it was the new FM album.
we would all be looking at the best reunion album ever released.
so treat it with abit of an open mind and give it what it deserves.
(just my opinion of course)[8-)]

Re: Overland to FM

haha...go on braban...spread the word lol....i think everybody who loves FM will agree that the mans album is class, and will all agree that we cannot wait for the "metropolis" release too.....

i'm hoping the man reads this and beggs me to be his P.A. or even a roadie or i'll even just make the tea and wipe his arse for him! LOL ( well, i wont go that far unless he gives me a free copy of the metropolis album)LOL. [:))]

Also I think 'Brass Monkey' is a great album! [8-)]

I agree with all of the above, but let's be honest, whether it's FM, Wildlife, So!, Overland, Cerrone, Shadowman, The Ladder, etc etc... Steve just sounds incredible every time! [:)] The man is world class!!

Here here Tom [:)s]

Not forgetting the contributions from Pete, Merv, Chris etc etc on all the albums! The Ladder's CDs are damn fine too! Here's to all in the FM and other linked camps because you're keeping music ALIVE! Brass Monkey is a superb CD that didn't get anywhere near enough credit! And as for Shadowman - Thunder's rhythm section, FMs voice ans the stunningly melodic guitar of Steve Morris - we are a lucky set of folk having that combination! But FM will be #1 forever!

I love everything Steve does !

..but I still prefer METROPOLIS than DIAMONDEALER,
more blues, more soul, more rocking! more FM !!
Infact I'm one of the few supporters of TAKINITTOTHESTREETS album.. eheh

Anyway I reckon LADDER SACRED one of highest points in Steve career.. a big step up from FUTUREMIRACLES [:-D]

....Andy...if you still log in here drop me an email bud.....