General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today, I r did mostly meet...

...Mr Steve Overland.

He came into the place where I work.

I have scoffed at (and generally disapproved of) other staff fawning all over Fat Gary Barlow (amongst other people) when he comes in to the shop from time to time and consider myself above such behaviour but...

...I totally went to pieces and did the whole 'fan' thing. How ashamed am I?

I started off staring at him with my gob open, while it sunk in that I wasn't imagining it. And then said hello etc and had a bit of a chat - what a thoroughly splendid chap - not that I didn't expect him to be of course, I've followed the band since the Indiscreet days and they all seem like good sorts.

I've blown £10 on my mobile ringing and texting people to tell them, and I rode like a twat to get home quickly to tell my other half...who said "did you ask him if they are going to tour again?" and I said "No, I forgot". She couldn't believe it. She's never seen them live (which is a big regret of mine as I really want her to) - we got together just after the band split up and we couldn't get a babysitter for the Firefest so I went with my cousin (another long term fan)

Anyway I'll stop rambling now - I'm on such a high and wanted to blather about it to lots of people.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings...

Paul.

Re: Today, I r did mostly meet...

Nice one Paul,but you should have got your photo taken with him and posted it on here.( could have said for security reasons you must have your photo taken with a member of staff )
Just out of interest what type of shop do you work at?
and i'm sure we will see the lads again.

Nice one matey.

We shall not ask where you work just incase its a strip joint or something far more seedy!

if i had said that , i'd get done lol

I work in a BMW dealer, in the Motorcycle section (I don't do 4-wheelers).

I hate people pointing cameras at me so couldn't bring myself to ask for a photo and do a cheesy grin for the camera. I've had loads of stick in work for being all starstruck when he came in, cos I'm usually the one who dishes it out when people behave like that.

He's coming back in next week to pick some bits up, so I'm currently turning the house upside down trying to find my vinyl copy of Indiscreet so that I can ask him to sign it - discreetly, in a thoroughly non No.1 fan type way, of course.

Oh My God. That is one of those situiations where I would freak out. Totally!! You lucky b*stard! Hopefully You can find that record before he comes next time! Cheers!

does steve own a bike paul?
i too only ride 2 wheels a cbr600rr telefonica movistar

I failed. Didn't find my Indiscreet vinyl before he came back in. And, my bongo of a colleague who was dealing with Steve forgot to tell me he was coming back in until after he'd been and gone. But, he did manage to get him to sign a random piece of paper for me.

The whole thing was a little on the surreal side to be honest. It prompted me to splash out on Vintage and Rare and Break Away though. Quite a bit of stuff on disc 2 of VandR that I've never heard before and was quite impressed with...

Not sure if he's got a bike or not, I think he was in just buying bits for his 4-wheeler.