General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problems accessing forum Monday 14/07/08?

Dear Bravenet Members,

I wanted to fill you all in regarding the massive fire and power outage in Vancouver that caused Bravenet.com to go offline for part of the day on Monday July 14, 2008.

At 9:00 AM yesterday, an underground power transformer exploded and took out the power in half of downtown Vancouver, including our data center. The back up generator immediately kicked in, but required water as its cooling mechanism. Unfortunately, water supply for the generator was diverted by fire crews to combat the fire. This caused the water pressure to lower and the back-up generator to overheat and malfunction.

Several hours later, once the water pressure returned to normal, the generator restarted and Bravenet's servers came back online. Full regular power to the data center was restored shortly thereafter, and the generator was shut down. Some areas of Vancouver however, still remain without power as of today.

We apologize for the inconvenience this event caused. We appreciate our members and clients and would like to send a heartfelt thank you to all for your patience and understanding.

I think all the smoke has now cleared... literally!

Sincerely,
Dave Shworan
CEO, Bravenet Web Services, Inc.

Re: Problems accessing forum Monday 14/07/08?

There was me sat there hammering the refresh button thinking....site update...DVD!!!!!

Ah. well..

Re: Problems accessing forum Monday 14/07/08?

snap dave, same here ... then i wondered if i was the spammer and had been blocked ..lol must put more baccy with it