General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Little bit on FM DVD

FIREFEST & FIREFEST DVD'S UPDATE:
Firefest V Press Release /
Tickets: Now that we've got most of the big European festivals and major melodic rock tours out of the way it's time to start our big push in the four months leading up to the festival. First of all thanks to everyone who's bought their tickets already, it's a big help and the early sales go a long way to ensuring that we can give you the best show we can. At this stage we've already sold around 50% of the tickets available for each day. Tickets are available directly from us at www.thefirefest.com and are also now available through Rock City at www.rock-city.co.uk or from www.alt-tickets.co.uk
Hotels: We can't stress enough how important it is to get your hotel bookings in as soon as possible. Bryan Adams is playing in Nottingham on the same weekend so please note that hotel rooms are at a premium and it is advisable to book your rooms NOW if you intend to stay over for the whole Firefest weekend.

Friday Oct 24TH: As many people will already be in Nottingham on Friday evening we have decided to have a little get together. We're having a very informal meet and greet in Rock City - downstairs in the room on the right opposite The Rig. Almost all of the bands appearing who will actually be in the country at the time (Tyketto, Pink Cream 69, Paul Laine, Danger Danger, Loud and Clear, Talon, Mitch Malloy - plus anyone else that can make it) will be in attendance, so it's a great opportunity to bring along some stuff to get signed, take a photo or two and buy the Firefest crew a beer ...ha ha!!
Due to the small size of the room we'll have to limit this to 100 people only, so starting from when you read this the first 100 people to email us will get themselves a free pass. Please note that applications are limited to 2 per person and we need your name and address. We'll have some nice background music and a few band members have mentioned that they might bring guitars, so you never know what might happen! So if you have nothing to do between 8.30 and 10.30pm on Friday Oct 24..... now you have! Please also note the email address for applications is firefest@hotmail.com and you must state Meet & Greet in the subject line...remember, it's 100 people only and it's strictly on a first come-first served basis.

Firefest DVD's: The Valentine DVD has been completed and it's a limited edition of 1000 copies worldwide. This is a DVD/CD Collectors Edition and no single disc version will be made available. It contains the full set from last year's Firefest and also has a bonus of the only other Valentine/Open Skyz live footage ever filmed. Open Skyz 'Live at The Mirage' was recorded in Minneapolis in March 1994 when the band supported Mr Big, and contains one previously unrecorded track called 'Soul Salvation'. It was shot on the in-house recording system and is a very high quality bootleg.
A preview of the DVD is available here… (.mp4 file)
Pre-orders will be accepted from July 2nd, please allow 28 days for delivery. There will be 500 copies each in PAL and NTSC formats.

The FM DVD is also finished and a preview clip will be available very shortly. Once again it's a limited Collectors Edition of 1500 copies worldwide. Please note that this DVD will be available in PAL Region-free (0) format only. More details will be available soon, as well as Press Accreditation details.
Thank you for your support and we hope to see you all in October. - Kieran, Bruce and the Firefest team.

Re: Little bit on FM DVD

FM dvd finished!! woo hoooo!!! can i pre-ordefr a copy here now please lovely interweb folks??!!

pre-order i mean obviously!! wot a plonker!!

Great news.
Valentine DVD ordered

Looking forward to October

how do i pre order a copy of the dvd i dont want to miss out

Glad i already own a multi-region DVD player :) I would also like the Valentine one aswell like, is that finished? and any news on their new album?

Still waiting news on the FM DVD but I think if you head over to the Firefest site there is a Valentine preview and the dvd is for sale

Just had a message to say that The Valentine DVDs are just about ready for sending, and replied asking when The FM weas due. Was told that it was nearly ready, but sadly, unlike the Valentine and Harem Scarem sets, contains no extras..........

Philip

The last I heard was that things are moving along. Be patient folks I'm sure it won't be far away now!!!

Got my Valentine DVD today and its superb.

It certainly is. Most pleased that it arrived on my birthday, a great present from Bruce Mee to me, although I did have to pay for it myself in the first place!!!!!!

Philip