General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Friday Rock Show

Seaching through my old cassette (remember them?)library the other day I came accross the following live tapes collected from various record fairs through the late 80's:
FM live at Newcastle Mayfair 6th Feb 87
FM live Leicester De Montford 23rd Nov 86 (Supporting Jovi)
FM live Central Park Burton 20th Dec 86
FM live Newcastle 11th Aug 89
Iffy quality, but great memories at I went to the Burton & Leicester shows & the tape's made great momento's of the gigs in those days!
To my horror my prized recordings of FM at Reading & The Cumbria Rock Festival broadcast by Tommy Vance on the Friday Rock Show have been recorded over!
I don't suppose that anyone out there in FM Land has any copies of these two shows?

Re: Friday Rock Show

was that cumbria rock '92? with an interveiw with steve and andy afterwards? coz they were going to do it a few years later with big country and arthur brown but not enough tickets were sold so it was cancelled

Yes guys, there was an interview with Steve & Andy afterwards, in the tour bus from what i remember. I think Mr Vance said that the bus resembled Harrod's food court (or something along those lines!)
I think this was broadcast on FM frequency & the sound quality wasn't bad.
The Reading show I had was broadcast on AM & although it sounded a really good set, the broadcast quality was not the best.

yeah i've got that on cd just listening now to see what else is on it

I'm jealous now!
Dont suppose we could do a deal on a copy? or a swap etc?

Lucky ones who has SOMETHING to trade!

Hey Ede, I just used to collect (still do) anything FM, if the vinyl started to wear our & i saw another album I would buy it again, there were no plans for CD re-issues at the time!
Also I used to buy a bit direct from Japan, so ended up with, like Jap copy of "Acoustical Intercourse" & then the UK equivalent NO electricity required etc.
Same with Ahprodisiac, & Paraphernalia Jap Promo with bonus track & then the UK edition etc. Same with the Acoustic video!
Funny, I wonder where everyones FM collections have come from?
I found a French CD promo copy of Closer to H.. while on holiday in, yep you guessed it, France! & I have a friend in Brazil, couple of years ago he sent me a CD of an FM show recorded in Glasgow for Clyde Radio. It just arrived in an envelope, no cover, just has a home made label on the disc! Obviously the new album will sell in South America as well!

recorded at glasgow barrowlands that one lol

I heard so many great things about Newcastle Mayfair, just wish I was my age now at the time it was open. I hope FM come back to Newcastle when they do a new tour

The Mayfair was my old stomping ground (practically lived there between the ages of 17 and 21)

I have the Mayfair tape and was present.

The place is sadly missed. There is a reunion being organised for 1st August at the Carling Academy (I think its the 2nd or 3rd such event).

yeah i used to love the super trooper rock nights at the mayfair back in the 80's. got a few bootleg tapes kicking about i got from the quayside market.would love to see them play at the carling academy.dvd & dates . come on...