General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
steve or not steve?

wonder if anyone can shed some light on a little mystery i recently encountered. i recently bought 3 albums on wot i think is a canadian label called st. clair. they r called 'progressive rock classics','progressive rock anthems' and 'progressive rock epics'.the reason i bought them is cos a certain golden tonsiled chap called steve overland was listed as singin on some tracks! chuffed 2 find some new stuff 2 add 2 my vast stiv collection, i listened 2 them upon arrival only 2 find no evidence of the voice we all know and love!! he's meant 2 sing on 4 tracks in total along with chrissie hammond, eddie hardin, doogie white, damien wilson and judie tzuke, but if he is on any tracks, he must be only backing vocalist and waaaaayy down in the mix! bitterly disappointed! does anyone close 2 steve know anything about this??

Re: steve or not steve?

Tom,

I used to have a copy of Stiv singing 'Owner Of A Lonely Heart' somewhere on my PC at home, I'm not sure if I have now or not - was that one of the tracks on the CD's you got?

no mate, that one's on a yes tribute album and is definitely our stiv, he also sings another song 'the revealing science of god' on the same yes tribute album, but strangely enough he aint credited with bein on that track! its the exact reverse of the prog compilation cd's, whereas he's meant to be on but isn't! check out one of em if u want, they only cost me a coupla quid, n they clearly say steve is on them!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Progressive-Rock-Epics-Various/dp/B00005RZY5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1213197754&sr=8-1

Just had a listen to some mp3 samples Tom
and i can't here Steve singing at all ,so he must be way way down in the mix. Have you heard the stuff he did with Cerrone ? really different but good.

yeah stu, i have 4 albums of cerrone's featurin steve n the tracks are really good actually! but then again, he could sing the phone book n make it sound great!the boy can sure sing........

Oh yes, I agree that phonebook thing!!

oops hear not here ( doh )