General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
romeo's daughter

i'm sure i can't be the only FM fan who liked romeo's daughter. the connections between both bands r many of course. anyhoo, i asked merv after firefest wot his beautiful wife (the aforementioned band's former lead singer of course)was doin n if she was gonna make a comeback as a rock singer. he surprised me by returning with the very same super sexy rock goddess leigh matty, which made my day (after FM's comeback of course!) i probed leigh (oo er!!)about such a comeback with only a vague response. does anyone connected 2 merv & leigh know if a comeback will ever take place, either solo or as part of romeo's daughter? leigh and the band were part of a great movement in uk rock music and should (like FM)be recognized as the exceptional talent they were......

Re: romeo's daughter

yeah a great band so them a couple of times,its a pity they only had two albums out,have you checked out the videos on youtube.

i sure have!!

Hi,

If you,ve not got the debut the re issue on rock cand is well worth getting as it's been re-mastered and comes with get liner notes and three bonus tracks.

http://hardrockhouse.com/NewReleases/RomeosDaughter.htm

cheers Dougie

Like most things in life, times change.
Leigh now runs her own business and a comeback would be a very hard thing to achieve given the time involved......
Agreed that they were one cracking outfit that should have been huge...

Remember being sat outside the Beirkeller in the queue to see them. Gig was pulled through lack of sales....

I guess that they didn't have the right people on board, as the band seemed to have all the right ingredients!!

right, altho i am a big fan of FM on all counts, i sadly admit to not seein the various FM related bands that were formed after their initial demise (mainly due to lack of interest from my less 'cool' friends (ha!), work n family commitments plus the fact it all seemed to be in the soith of the country!) so altho i am aware of merv's band the slaves, i'm still not sure who was in cover story, cos everytime they were mentioned on other sites it would seem like it was assumed everyone already knew! not so!! anyone care to enlighten me?? cheers in advance!

Cover Story or The Offenders is Steve/Pete plus a bass player called Mike. They are 'covers bands' (just like The Slaves).....aimed at earning money rather than commercial success, they are both however top class.....

I've met lots of people who knock FM members for doing such things as 'covers bands'.

I'm sure that its 'not their thing', but it does pay well. Remember they have bills to pay, wives & kids to support etc.

Personally i take my hat off to them for remaining in the industry, its always a pleasure to see any of them playing....

Not to mention other projects such as:
The Ladder
Shadowman
SO!

and what about the barnstormer's with andy and jem?
tom, merv brought the slaves up to Blackburn and Accrington just after fm split, they played at the "never neverland"nite club in blackburn then the BROADWAY pub in Accrington

Thanks Toni/Paul, my list wasn't meant to be a definative list...

Andy also did XFM...

Didge went on to do a few bits & pieces and now plays in a band called Black Moon (Emerson Lake Palmer tribute)

Chris teaches guitar & drinks lager (apparently)

They have all worked on various tribute recordings which are listed in other postings...

1 2