General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Style of new album?

It's an interesting tease i suppose.
What on earth is the new album going to sound like?

Ok, its 99% possible that its going to have the FM 'big hook chorus' etc and obviously going to have Stivs voice....but....

FM evolved so much over the years, Ok we all knew it was FM but the transformation was vast. Now was that a natural progression or something that was decided (as AOR was distinctly going out of fashion).

What will they produce in 2008 after all that time? Will they come back with an 80's stomper, or with a 'state of the art' album?

Maybe we can persuade them to do a double disc. One with the modern feel & one with the same songs but 80's remix!!! Everyones a winner then

Merv makes statements like; “We’re wimps really, aren’t we? We could write the hardest rock song possible, yet as soon as we start to sing we sound all girly.” and Pete says, “We like girls, we think they’re nice. You tend to get called an old bender if you sing about boys”...

well, i think we know that its not going to a version of American Boys!

Re: Style of new album?

I really hadn't give it a tought at all - just waiting and seeing what it's going to be! :)

"Maybe we can persuade them to do a double disc. One with the modern feel & one with the same songs but 80's remix!!! Everyones a winner then"
But now! This sounds pretty good so my imagination runs free right now and I'm having wild thoughts what's it REALLY gonna be.. or not really, but what it COULD be!!

I hope they put some old songs that they never got to put out on prevoius albums therefore giving it that original FM sound, and of course some new material which will also be great!

I think they should go back to their roots, good old AOR with belting guitar riffs....and add some blues rockers with, of course, the definate balled...the thought of redoing some classics in the 21st century style appeals but new stuff would be awesome to hear