General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Where to play?

OK..this is probably going to start a riot, as everyones going to want to see them in their local club, but lets get real...

A little birdy tells me a London gig may be on the cards?

Let's get organised and maybe block book a discounted hotel? Got to be a posibility as long as we have some notice?

Personally a mate of mine organises a small outdoor festival (last year was a two nighter with Thunder & UFO as headliners), all in the grounds of Chepstow Castle...anyone see it? Thunder are rebooked for this year, just trying to persuade FM to add themselves to the bill!

Re: Where to play?

I think getting FM on that bill at Chepstow would be a bloody good idea bearing in mind that a lot of Thunder fans that have stuck with the band since the start (and I include myself) would probably be keen on what FM have to offer musically.

The two bands have a lot in common - big label start to own label now, great singers, great musicians, mad drummers

As for local venues there's one or two in Ipswich / Colchester I can think of!!!!

Well thats 2 for Thunder/FM, in about 10 minutes!

If we keep that up, we will have 144 in a day, or 4320 in a month!

Come on everyone, it took many years of arm twisting to get them back together

Being as Thunder supported FM many moons ago, sounds like a stonking idea nice one DT

It's all about bending the boys ears!

Whats sure is, if you dont shout about you won't get it!

this gig does sound a good idea,we saw thunder at donny and I've been a fan of ufo for about 30 years. As for other gigs there where plenty of good venues from the 90's tours "we visited quite a few to see the lads" and so well spread out for everyone to be "localish"
we were lucky enough to have 3,preston,colne & bradford. but a trip to london would be nice too really memorable time was had when we went down to see cover story

Sounds good, hotels sometimes do good deals for these things. I've stayed at a few when it's been for gigs.

Be nice to see it happen.

Thunder are not booked to play Chepstow this year.

If fact, according to the band and their management they have not even been approached regarding this event yet.

To be honest, it's unlikely that they'd do it again this year as they tend to avoid playing the same festivals 2 year's running.

Regards

Thinny
www.thunderonline.com

Thinny, thanks for the info...

That was not what i had been told (locally) by someone that is part of the 'organisation' (hence my posting!). So humble apologies to all concerned as I seem to have been simply mis-informed.

I saw the gig last year (i probably had the best 'seat' as my office overlooks the grounds, and i managed to stay dry ).

The gig was great, there are some 'links' between the bands and on what i was told it did seem a great idea for an FM appearance.

Thanks

Dave

That being said everyone.

They are laying on a two day Classic Rock weekend (probably Chepstow Racecourse), i'll see if i can get a sneek preview of the confirmed acts.

If its any good maybe we can badger the band for an appearance!

Watch this space.

Wot about the Assembly Rooms in Derby please, i'm sure theres more than enough folks here in the midlands that would be only too pleased to come along and see the lads, xx

1 2 3 4