General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NEW ALBUM FM 2008 QUESTION

How would you like it sounding the new disc of FM?
Like the ladder project ?
Like aphrodisiac era?
Like tought it out era?
Like indiscreet era?

I´d like sound between Ladder & Aphrodisiac .,....

Sorry ...for my english
Salute

Re: NEW ALBUM FM 2008 QUESTION

I suppose it depends on whether you are asking what 'style' the songs should be or what 'studio mix' they will have.

There is a big difference between the two...
The sound engineer (or producer) can very much change the overall feel of the album at mixdown...FM's later albums were more 'raw' than the very polished Indiscreet etc whos mix is typical 80's, very processed and rich with lots of big drum sounds etc. Its something that went very much out of fashion (although its is very much back in, see 'The Feeling' or 'Orson' or 'Feeder').....

Some other cracking mixes are Foo Fighters & try Rooftops by Lost Prophets (OK i don't think Bob Rock will be producing the next FM album but that man can really a track).....

A good example of a producer 'making' a song or artist would have to be Shania Twain!

I guess in a way are they going to aim for a chart hit or to the fans taste, there is a big difference.

Hopefully they will do an album which they enjoy and dig deep into their own influences. Whatever, they gel so well I have no doubt it will be something special.

Anyone know if it will be self produced or what label will have their stamp on it?

My guess is it will be a DIY job, there is certainly no problem with doing that these days....but that really is a guess....

Basically it cuts out all the middle men (i'd prefer my money to be going into FM's pockets than some music exec anyway)....

I hope they just bang out some tunes, rather than sit & write for a specific taste as the fun must disappear if its not your thing.

Hopefully they will get a producer on board, as it does give another 'dimension' to the overall picture. Rather than the whole project getting a 'blinkered' approach...It does happen...

It doesnt need to be a producer, sometimes a few sets of 'outside ears' help....

Just need someone who's going to be cheap or even free???

PICK ME, PICK ME !!!!!

How about they post all the new songs on here and let us pick!!

that way theyd know how us loyalists felt

or how about fm tv....haha we vote songs off and keep what we as a public think would make the ideal CD?

personally id like a mix between tough it out and Aphrodisiac