Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
airmen photos

I have a collection of photos of the airmen who trained for the Dambusters raid but am missing about eleven. Can anyone help fill the gaps.

Missing from my collection are, John Marriott and Michael Fuller from Maudslay's crew. Charles Jarvie from Byers' crew. Sam Whillis from Barlow's crew. Dan Allatson who flew with Ken Brown on the raid although actually a member of Divall's crew. Ron Marsden, Jack Barrett and Harry Strange all from Ottley's crew. Len Weller from Burpee's crew and Ernest Blake and James Simpson of Divall's crew. Please let me know if anyone can help with photo's of these airmen

Thanks

Ian Humphries

Re: airmen photos

Do you have a picture of a Lancaster crew in front of their plane, with the name "Walford's Wolves" written on the side?....this picture is in the family, and includes my grandfather Thomas Walford, who flew some of the test flights over the Lake District...do you have any details of him on file?....I would be very interested to hear anything as he passed away in the mid 80's.

Thanks

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have a collection of photos of the airmen who trained for the Dambusters raid but am missing about eleven. Can anyone help fill the gaps.

Missing from my collection are, John Marriott and Michael Fuller from Maudslay's crew. Charles Jarvie from Byers' crew. Sam Whillis from Barlow's crew. Dan Allatson who flew with Ken Brown on the raid although actually a member of Divall's crew. Ron Marsden, Jack Barrett and Harry Strange all from Ottley's crew. Len Weller from Burpee's crew and Ernest Blake and James Simpson of Divall's crew. Please let me know if anyone can help with photo's of these airmen

Thanks

Ian Humphries