Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dam busters Raid

Hi Alicia,

According to the CWGC and BC Losses, F/O J.H.G. Harland was pilot of Lancaster LM286, of 514sqdn which was lost on operations to Homberg on 20.11.44, the aircraft was thought to have been struck by bombs falling from another aircraft, all on board were killed and are all buried in the Reichswald War Cemetery.

F/O J.H.G. Harland.

Sgt R.McK Paterson.

F/Sgt R.I. Gray.

F/O T.G.H. Adams, RNZAF.

W/O M.G. George.

Sgt S.D. Lucas.

Sgt L. Slocombe.

Regards.....Alan.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My uncle John Harland took part in the dam busters raid, he was a pilot, he and his crew of 6 were shot down and killed while returning home, over Holland and that is where he is buried. I can not find any record of his name listed on websites, could any one shed any light on why.

Re: Re: Dam busters Raid

Hi Alan,thank you for solving the mistery, I have found out from my brother he was in 514 Squadron.

Many thanks

Alicia

Replying to:

Hi Alicia,

According to the CWGC and BC Losses, F/O J.H.G. Harland was pilot of Lancaster LM286, of 514sqdn which was lost on operations to Homberg on 20.11.44, the aircraft was thought to have been struck by bombs falling from another aircraft, all on board were killed and are all buried in the Reichswald War Cemetery.

F/O J.H.G. Harland.

Sgt R.McK Paterson.

F/Sgt R.I. Gray.

F/O T.G.H. Adams, RNZAF.

W/O M.G. George.

Sgt S.D. Lucas.

Sgt L. Slocombe.

Regards.....Alan.

Replying to:

My uncle John Harland took part in the dam busters raid, he was a pilot, he and his crew of 6 were shot down and killed while returning home, over Holland and that is where he is buried. I can not find any record of his name listed on websites, could any one shed any light on why.

Re: Re: Re: Dam busters Raid

I have a database of RAF 514 squadron operations and have some information regarding your Uncle Harland

Please contact me at deno11@shaw.ca