Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Dambusters book

Just to advise the regular and itinerant browsers of this site, I have researched and written a new book on 617 Squadron, which will be released in hardcover this April. The book is titled "Australia's Dambusters: The Men and Missions of 617 Squadron" and it tells the wartime history of the squadron with a principal focus on the Australians who served with 617 - men such as Martin and Shannon. Plenty of new stories about these gallant lads and others, and a total of 160 photographs - some of which have never been published before. The book is now with the printers, but the publishers (Australian Military History Publications) are now taking any advance orders at www.warbookshop.bigpond.com.au and I will be personally signing every copy mailed out. I will even add requested inscriptions. No price has yet been placed on the book, but I have been assured it will be quite standard for a book of this fairly regular size. Many people have known for quite some time about this book being written, but now I have been given the go-ahead to begin publicising it. Thanks to all those wonderful enthsuiasts who have helped with information and stories, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product myself!